Offaly hurling panel

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Of the goalies, I would have thought Mullins was more in danger of getting the chop.
He didn't have a good year between the sticks by his usual standards.
His switching to short puckouts in the qualifiers, whether by initiative or instruction was a bit of a horror show. A lot of the problem is that we don't have enough aggressive ball winners to contest 50/50 puckouts.

In O'Connor I thought we had the raw material for a good future keeper. He can fairly murder the puckouts and with good coaching he could improve the accuracy and variety of his restarts. Perhaps he looks a bit unsure under the dropping ball, but that could be improved on.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

July 8th 2005. The rain never stopped all day, a few of us from this site arrived in Ennis that evening, starving with the hunger, nowhere to find a decent feed, personally I ended up with chicken nuggets that were cold,and as we headed to Cusack park soaked to the skin, what kept us motivated through the brutal weather was the thought that our heroes with the hurls would go down with a hell of a fight and at least go out of the championship with their heads held high. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Apart from 6 players, and I wont mention names, 9 of the starting 15 that night had absolutley no interest or pride in the jersey and this is not a rant it is pure fact. The group of us that were in the stand that night felt cheated and embarressed as supporters and very angry. Those 9 players that night let down John Mcintyre, the supporters and most of all themselves with their attidude which was disgraceful and plain to see even before the throw in. So in my humble opinion Mr Mcintyre is 100per cent right in cleaning out the deadwood from last year and starting afresh, even though there are a few names omitted that I would have kept as squad players at least, but come on lads lets get behind the manager for 2007 because it must have took great guts to go at it again after the trauma and bullshit he has put up with in the last 2 years.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

black and red exile wrote:July 8th 2005. The rain never stopped all day, a few of us from this site arrived in Ennis that evening, starving with the hunger, nowhere to find a decent feed, personally I ended up with chicken nuggets that were cold . ..
You'll bring a bag of sandwiches next year then?

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

Cordial dropped.
For F@@K sake.
what a joke. is Mcintyre turning into a killmurray or what. T
he lad is all heart and deserves his place in the panel.
Typical of offaly to shite on their own as usual.

Allez les Faithful!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

arbarg wrote:Cordial dropped.
For F@@K sake.
what a joke. is Mcintyre turning into a killmurray or what. T
he lad is all heart and deserves his place in the panel.
Typical of offaly to shite on their own as usual.

Allez les Faithful!
Cordial hasn't hurled well for Offaly in a while.
Also my impression of him is that he mightn't be the easiest player for management to deal with.

Like several other players; i.e. Brown, Murphy, Joe Brady etc. he played his best hurling for Offaly 3-4 years ago and has been a bit off that high water mark ever since.

Tom
County player

Post by Tom »

I agree with bord na mona man about Cordial. He never seemed to be easy to deal with. Never seemed to have huge committment. However, he was always fairly fit, and there is no doubt, the lad has talent.... I just feel, that there is room to carry a lad in a squad, if there was a game that needed changing, i'd fancy cordial to come in and change a game ahead of any other potetial sub... I think that diggy has to be looked at as a potential recall.
If some teams can carry a freetaker.... offaly can carry a player like diggy in their squad.