New Manager?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

If Laz Molloy is even being thought about I'll eat my hat and every one elses. We want to go forward not back to Croghan Hill. Comeon get a grip.

d-man
Junior B

Post by d-man »

far from croghan hill wrote:the five man committee met and interviewed Laz Molloy last night in tyrellspass castle. FACT!

Pat Roe to be interviewed this evening ...FACT!

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

I'm trying to picture Clocker Grennan on that panel :) Talk about an intimidating interview :)

Muck Savage
All Star

Post by Muck Savage »

Ah Clocker would be great craic on one of those Interview things, sure he be taking the piss out of Laz. Can you imagin seeing Clocker and Ollie Daly heading in the door, talk about two different body shapes.

I've said it before, Laz could be a good one. He's brought Croghan a long way, Fit's the County boards pocket well and is a good overall manager. I do think we need to go for a big name this time, the next three years of Offaly football are very important. Good young senior team and some good talent coming up from Minor. Go outside Offaly

The Magpie
All Star

Post by The Magpie »

Contrary to expectations and his reputation, Clocker is an absolute gentleman. I wouldn't mind him interviewing me for the job.....as long as the interview didn't include a shouldering contest!

By the way, talk of Ollie Daly, brings a smile to my face...my signature below is one of his famous analogies.
The Dog chases the Car....the Car stops....the Dog can't Drive!

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Jesus they better not give it to Laz anyway, he's not a good manager & would have no idea how to handle our more tempermental players like McManus or Pascal!!!

I wonder if the likes of Sean Grennan, Mick casey & Dave Kavanagh are perhaps been lined up as possible selectors for the new manager, I'm not sure what sort of football men any of them would be as regards their knowledge of the club scene but surely we'll need good selectors who'll know it fairly well if the county board are going to appoint someone from outside the county!!!
The Untouchable

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I think we should stop messing around and give Clocker the job now

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

That's what I was thinking Turk.
After spending weeks interviewing candidates that fail to meet his expectations, an exasperated Grennan will take on the job himself.
A new era of steely Offaly teams will arrive and steamroll through any fancy Dans it may encounter!

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Unfortunately...what we need 1st is to produce a few more Sean Grennan type fellas...like in fairness Niall Mac & Tommo may have had a good summer but I seriously doubt any defender would rather mark Sean Grennan over either of them!!!
The Untouchable

The Magpie
All Star

Post by The Magpie »

True, true...but it's not the Tommo's and Nialls of this world that we should ever expect to be clockers - we need guys like that out the field where the big 50-50s and breaks are won and lost and where it's a priority to soften guys up and slow them down. At centre-half back and centre forward Clocker enjoyed life in the mixer.

In fairness, I can probably think of 2 current day panelists that enjoy it, but thats not enough.
The Dog chases the Car....the Car stops....the Dog can't Drive!