Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
G91
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

Post by G91 »

private joker wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:36 pm Dublin have contested all 3 leinster finals.
Actually says alot more about the standard, galway were shite and have been for awhile that's what you get when jumping the gun appointing a manager who has no credentials at management of a senior intercounty team

Dublin are no better they just about got over the line

Antrim are just about surviving haven't shown any improvement since retaining thier status

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Where would that leave offaly so? Dublin should have bet kk in parnell also. Kk and cork the closest to limerick at the moment along with clare.

G91
All Star

Post by G91 »

Depends on the final of they win well they can back up league performances

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

private joker wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:08 pm Where would that leave offaly so? Dublin should have bet kk in parnell also. Kk and cork the closest to limerick at the moment along with clare.
Michael Fennelly???...Joe Dooley???

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

G91 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:59 pm
private joker wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:36 pm Dublin have contested all 3 leinster finals.
Actually says alot more about the standard, galway were shite and have been for awhile that's what you get when jumping the gun appointing a manager who has no credentials at management of a senior intercounty team

Dublin are no better they just about got over the line

Antrim are just about surviving haven't shown any improvement since retaining thier status
Agreed, the standard in Leinster is on the floor nowadays. Not one of the Leinster teams would finish in the top 3 in Munster.

If Offaly can get back up we could stay in Leinster for the foreseeable.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Carlow's relegation confirms that this year's Joe McDonagh cup winners will have home fixtures against Galway and Antrim, and away fixtures against Dublin, Kilkenny and Wexford in next year's Leinster Senior hurling championship. (The reverse of Carlow's fixtures this year.)
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Faithfully
Intermediate

Post by Faithfully »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:11 pm Carlow's relegation confirms that this year's Joe McDonagh cup winners will have home fixtures against Galway and Antrim, and away fixtures against Dublin, Kilkenny and Wexford in next year's Leinster Senior hurling championship. (The reverse of Carlow's fixtures this year.)
It's hard not to read that and think that the one fixture that sticks out like a sore thumb is not having to go to Corrigan Park. Antrim travelling to Portlaoise/Tullamore next year is a nice reward for the winner of Saturday's showdown.

pjay
Junior C
Club: Kilcormac Killoughey

Post by pjay »

Tickets for Joe Mac/Leinster final on sale now.

JohnnyBoy24
Senior

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

pjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:09 pm Tickets for Joe Mac/Leinster final on sale now.
Only a few sections open for sale at the moment, the usual Ticketmaster playbook.
I'd give it until the weekend to see. Even with the Leinster final on, they should be any amount of options of seats/sections

G91
All Star

Post by G91 »

JohnnyBoy24 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:23 pm
pjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:09 pm Tickets for Joe Mac/Leinster final on sale now.
Only a few sections open for sale at the moment, the usual Ticketmaster playbook.
I'd give it until the weekend to see. Even with the Leinster final on, they should be any amount of options of seats/sections
"Low available" 82,000 capacity 🤣

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

G91 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:17 pm
"Low available" 82,000 capacity 🤣
They aren't planning on opening the top decks as the attendance will be modest.
If Wexford had got there, it would be a decent crowd. Dublin and Kilkenny, not so much.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Does anyone think our Senior players envy the support the under 20s get?

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

I say they understand rather than envy. I'd also add that anyone whose upset with not getting a ticket should buy one for the joe mcdonagh final. Support your county not just a particular team.

FaithfulFuture
Junior B
Club: S

Post by FaithfulFuture »

A lot of disappointment supporters including myself and the kids.

Luckily we have Croke Park Saturday week to look forward to, would be great to outnumber the Laois shower and drive the lads home to the Joe McDonagh final.
Not often we get a day out in HQ

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

I got 3 tickets in s304 of the cusack yesterday but see very limited availability now. I’d say 30-35k will be it including the two games. They always try to sell the poorer seats first so hang on for a bit and the better tickets will come out.
Doon exile....