Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

Post by Superhans75 »

Realistically they only thing we will beat in league this year is an egg
Not my saying but from a Offaly legend the other day .( Doesn't bode well ) 👀
Enjoy the ride hopefully will have enough money for the therapist Lol.
Take care 👍

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

I think it's you that needs a therapist LooperHans.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:44 pm I think it's you that needs a therapist LooperHans.
Just one therapist, Is that enough?

Tmacmahon
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Tmacmahon »

Does anyone have the panel list for 2024 ?

Whats the most likely Starting line up for next week?

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

how will tomorrow go

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

20 point defeat

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Waterford are miles ahead

Only need to look at what happened Dublin and westmeath today to see where we fall in the natural order of things

Think we’ll keep it reasonably close until waterford run in their first goal and then the floodgates will open

Any word on ross and dan ravenhill

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Folks!

It’s like black Monday, black Tuesday, black Wednesday, black every day Everytime I look in here. Cop yereselves on.

In all likelihood, Offaly won’t beat Waterford later today. But does it dawn on ye that they mightn’t have to bet Waterford to take something from the match? Most likely not. Some lads will experience top division Senior hurling for the first time later today. And will be all the better for it.

I’d say some of ye go to one or two matches a year. One particular purveyor of doom and gloom here has never had the experience of going to a match, hurling, football, camogie or LGFA. Ever. He listens to proceedings on the radio!

Offaly hurling is rising. Bit by bit, but it’s rising. Football too. It’s not going to happen overnight, but it’s rising. And the hurlers are far better off in this division than in the division they were in last year.

And anyone affected by issues caused by the long month of January – this site really isn’t the place to be poring out your woes.

Springtime is coming.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

The question was asked ,how would offaly fair out vs Waterford. Waterford by 10 points minimum depending on their mood.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:56 am Folks!

It’s like black Monday, black Tuesday, black Wednesday, black every day Everytime I look in here. Cop yereselves on.

In all likelihood, Offaly won’t beat Waterford later today. But does it dawn on ye that they mightn’t have to bet Waterford to take something from the match? Most likely not. Some lads will experience top division Senior hurling for the first time later today. And will be all the better for it.

I’d say some of ye go to one or two matches a year. One particular purveyor of doom and gloom here has never had the experience of going to a match, hurling, football, camogie or LGFA. Ever. He listens to proceedings on the radio!

Offaly hurling is rising. Bit by bit, but it’s rising. Football too. It’s not going to happen overnight, but it’s rising. And the hurlers are far better off in this division than in the division they were in last year.

And anyone affected by issues caused by the long month of January – this site really isn’t the place to be poring out your woes.

Springtime is coming.
Well said 👏🏻
More positivity from the supporters instead of doom & gloom. No we probably won’t beat Waterford today but I think anything under a 10 point defeat isn’t bad. These tough league games will stand to us come championship.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Offaly battled well. Two quick goalskilled them. Could have been a lot bigger winning margin but offaly can be happy with their days work.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

A very credible Offaly display today. The two Stephen Bennett goals were such a killer, especially the first one given it came out of a free that wasn’t lifted.

Cillian Kiely’s repeated wides in the first half didn’t help either.

Overall, a lot of positives with Ciaran Burke, Jason Sampson, Catal king, and david Nally all doing well. Thought Sam Burke did well too and David King when he came on. Conor Prunty was very good for them.

Leon Fox looked a wild swing from where I was in the stand so probably couldn’t complain about the red.

I was impressed that they never gave up and their intensity was good throughout. But once again the difference in physique was very noticeable between the two teams.

Well done Donal Shirley on his senior debut.
Doon exile....

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

I'm going to split the game into two half.

Our 1st half was terrible. with the wind.
Cillian Kiely’s and Killian Sampson, looked up 4 times in a row and they was no one within 50 yards of the Waterford goal so did the right thing and took the shot on.
We look like a team trying not to lost by too much.
Kevin Heffernan kind of stuff.
You can't win a game without have some sort of forward line.
The Goals we gave away were so poor but trying to force a pass and getting turn over and the whole defence switched off for a free that was miss hit.

At half time. It was like the manager said to himself you know Waterford are poor as well.
and went after the game.
And push up and pushed Waterford for 15 mins. against the wind and them we had Fox sent off and even after that we were still in the game. until the we ran out of steam in the last 5 mins.
But at least we went with some after the game like we wanted to win it.
No Complaints about the sending off, trying to win the ball but took the man.

We need to improve, Johnny Kelly will look back and be kicking himself for the set up in the first half.
“Common sense is not so common.”

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

If offaly had pushed up in first half they would have conceded more goals. It was two mistakes that cost offaly in first half. Waterford were poor compared to what's expected of them but they had multiple goals chances that were not taken, in particular in the 2nd half. Offaly could have let in 6 or 7 goals in total on another day.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

match vs wexford is live on tg4 on Saturday