U20 hurlers 23

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Re: U20 hurlers 23

Post by faithfulfanatic »

JimBwobb wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:33 pm Big ask but as you said we have the talent and with players to come back such as Dan Ravenhill, Cillian Martin, Ruairi Kelly and Donal Shirley to name a few only strenghtens our hand.

I would fancy an Offaly win as I think home advantage and a big Offaly crowd will get behind this team.
Are they all back for the Dublin game as you seem to insinuate? Or are you only naming the injured players?

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Naming injured players it seems.
Not all would make the team I'm pretty confident Martin has not made the 24 yet this season and wasn't down to injury. While if kelly played mahon would probably come out. Shirley and ravenhill both injured with ravenhill 50/50 for Dublin game.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

faithfulfanatic wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:50 am
JimBwobb wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:33 pm Big ask but as you said we have the talent and with players to come back such as Dan Ravenhill, Cillian Martin, Ruairi Kelly and Donal Shirley to name a few only strenghtens our hand.

I would fancy an Offaly win as I think home advantage and a big Offaly crowd will get behind this team.
Are they all back for the Dublin game as you seem to insinuate? Or are you only naming the injured players?
Naming them.

Ravenhill got a few minutes run out against Galway so may be in contention.

My overall point is, we have players Still to come into the panel, returning from injury, which is a positive for this group of players.

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Game is on TG4 YouTube for anyone that can't make it.

https://www.youtube.com/live/KAiEfPOF8Ss?feature=share

Best of luck lads 8)

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

Is kavanagh and screeny fit to play this evening

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Kavanagh is out, not sure about Screeney.

No team announced yet, important to keep the Dubs guessing!

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

I think Screeney will play but even if he can’t, we have two more than capable replacements in Cormac Egan and Dan Ravenhill meanwhile Ter Guinan is a perfect replacement for Kavanagh.

I don’t expect there to be much in this game tonight, Dublin are marginal favourites but I have a feeling we’ll pull out the win with a big home crowd being the difference.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

This is the thing. There's no need to go telling Dublin at this stage. Time enough for them to find out when the teamsheets are handed over, which is something like 45 minutes before throw-in.
ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:44 am Kavanagh is out, not sure about Screeney.

No team announced yet, important to keep the Dubs guessing!
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

JimBwobb wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:09 am Game is on TG4 YouTube for anyone that can't make it.

https://www.youtube.com/live/KAiEfPOF8Ss?feature=share

Best of luck lads 8)
TYVM!

COME ON OFFALY!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Hurling2022
Junior B

Post by Hurling2022 »

Heard Screeney won’t be allowed to play due to concussion protocol etc.. as much as he would be dying to I'm sure. guess we’ll just have to wait and see

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Best of luck to team and management this evening. Hopefully a big home crowd there to support. Huge game for Offaly.

Considering we beat Galway in the quarter final and they were minor champions 3 years ago, why would Dublin be marginal favourites? Plus we have home advantage.
Doon exile....

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Probably because Dublin beat Galway and Wexford and ran a full strength Kilkenny team close.
3 Years ago is light years away from minor to U20, Dubs probably have all 19/20 year olds, Dublin are operating at a higher level than us.
Assumption that we may be down a couple of players. All would point to a Dublin win, but as ye say , a big SUPPORTIVE home crowd, (not a crowd roaring at them to PUCK IT IN FOR JAYSUS SAKE) ,our lads learning from the last game , and even last Sunday for the Seniors..."Don't bate the shite out of the ball", keep composure, try work the shot from the best position, and hassle and hassle like never before.

Even the last day we had good hurlers, who had time, hitting the ball long without lookingand on a windy evening like this you could be punished early.
Big game this evening for our lads, hope they can relax into it and get a decent start, will get the crowd up for it and lets give it our best shot.
I think theres a lot to be proud of with OY GAA at the minute and whatever happens these guys have decent futures ahead, but for now its the present so TEAR INTO THEM!

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Dublin ran kk close despite playing an under strength team. Bet wex and galway who had seniors available. It will be close enough but dublin have a lot of players up to the age playing. A number who played senior club hurling in 2022.

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

Both lads are not named on the starting 15 , ter guinan and Cormac egan is in full foward

Looking foward to a great game 👌

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

Honnn Offaly!!!!!!!!!
The future is bright