Club Hurling championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Dodge83
All Star

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by Dodge83 »

private joker wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:07 pm Gaels won. Tullamore dramatically bet.
Just goes to show how an amalgamation can work if everyone buys into it. Killurin were a poor intermediate team
And Killeigh a Junior A team when they joined. Next year they will hurl Senior A and that’s taken only 7 years (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s always great to see a new team at the top table. But can they stay there ??

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Dodge83 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:21 pm
private joker wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:07 pm Gaels won. Tullamore dramatically bet.
Just goes to show how an amalgamation can work if everyone buys into it. Killurin were a poor intermediate team
And Killeigh a Junior A team when they joined. Next year they will hurl Senior A and that’s taken only 7 years (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s always great to see a new team at the top table. But can they stay there ??
Clodiagh Gaels first played a championship game in 2016. Today was a good day, good forecast by Frank the Tank. The Gaels will enjoy today and tonight!
2022 is another day.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Dodge83 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:21 pm
Clodaigh Gaels played Senior A in 2017 and were one of the reasons Senior B was introduced for 2019.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

By my reckoning of the seedings involved for SHC 2022 Clodaigh Gaels will play Seir Kieran. That game will absolutely show their suitability for senior hurling.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

2015 eliminated from the Clodiagh Gaels psyche :o
SearingDrive wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:07 pm Clodiagh Gaels first played a championship game in 2016. Today was a good day, good forecast by Frank the Tank. The Gaels will enjoy today and tonight!
2022 is another day.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

going by what I seen today they will go down as quickly as they came up

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Gaels might win one game but I can see them lose every game by 10 to 15 points unless all or most give football a skip for a couple of years.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

greenairfield wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:43 am going by what I seen today they will go down as quickly as they came up
Not withstanding the conditions it was poor fare alright. CG were marginally the better team. Conor Langton really stood up for them I felt but totally let hinself down at the full time whistle. Joey Keenaghan hurled well as did corner back Peter Walsh. Kevin Kinehan pulled off two vital saves.

The penalty, while clearly a foul, was debatable as to whether in was inside or outside the “box”.

I’d shudder to think what will happen to CG if they drew someone like Shinrone in the first round next year.

aigne
Junior B

Post by aigne »

6 week layoff did not stop Ballinamere and Brosna Gaels winning their JHC semi finals in end. Final on Friday night at Faithful Fields according to fixture list

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Worst senior final ever played. Not a forward on show.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

frankthetank wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:16 pm Worst senior final ever played. Not a forward on show.
Brian Carroll probably the best forward today.
Doon exile....

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Brian Carroll for hurler of year? Any other contenders?
jimbob

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

You'd have to imagine David King will be in the mix. Probably was the best player on the field today as well, but it would be a fairly cruel form of torture to ask a Coolderry lad to go up and collect a man of the match award and smile for pictures with sponsors in the middle of the celebrating Rynaghs players and supporters.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Lone Shark wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:38 pm You'd have to imagine David King will be in the mix. Probably was the best player on the field today as well, but it would be a fairly cruel form of torture to ask a Coolderry lad to go up and collect a man of the match award and smile for pictures with sponsors in the middle of the celebrating Rynaghs players and supporters.
Man of the match is man of the match regardless. I think most players would accept it irrespective of result and nothing cruel about it.

David King was very good. Not saying Brian Carroll was outstanding or anything but he was the pick of the Coolderry forwards notwithstanding he was on one of the best hurlers in Offaly in Ben Conneelly.

Who got motm by the way?
Doon exile....

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

to be fair (I wasnt at the game ufortunately) but listening to the live FB commentary and speakig to a few that were at the game Matthew Maloney was outstanding for St. Rynaghs and all were saying it was tie between him and Coolderry player...that said, I agree MOM can and should go if warranted to losing player if they were the outstanding player...it doesnt happen too often, going back a long way here but I remember Kilkenny beating Laois in LSHC I think in 1984 by a a hefty score and Laois player John Taylor got man of the match and he was excellent that day..going back further Cork put 6 past Waterford in Munster final in 1982 or 3, and the Waterford goal keeer (Pat Curran -unsure if he connected to current Waterford player of same name) and Pat Curran got man of the match as he pulled off at least 4 or 5 more top class saves that day...it happens but not often..Mathhew Maloney was mentioned as outstanding for St Rynaghs yesterday and that migh just swing it for him the fact Rynaghs won...it was a strange final by all accounts but as we know, finals can (dont always be though) like that after highscoring earlier rounds etc..I did think Coolderry would win it before hand and even with 6/7 mintues left, Rynaghs hit a few wides and it looked like Coolderrys day but it was not to be..