Offaly v Wexford Deferred

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Whatever happened to Offaly's celebrity fan Ray Larkin?
He used to be a master of getting himself on television, with the hat that had a parrot drinking guinness perched on top.
Has he abandoned ship now that we're not as successful, or is he still on the go?
I must ask him, I work with him! He still goes but without the headgear sometimes, and I think the press are fed up looking at him anyway. :roll:

seamroga
Senior

Post by seamroga »

This has got really annoying at this stage. I'll tell ye we shouldn't forget what Kildare are doing to us for a long time. I thought this issue would die down after the Central Hearings Committee made their decision. Now with the matches put back, I'm actually getting worried that a replay could be on the cards. As far as I'm concerned that would be unacceptable.
I just want to make the point again, there would be no justification for the Leinster Council deciding on a replay because they have the authority to fine an offending county for breaking this rule. And I know, I know, we have strong grounds for continuing to claim we didn't break any rule.
(By the way, I spotted Ray and his kids on telly on the Sunday game on Sunday night).

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

The 'notice' given to both teams regarding a 'possible 'replay is standard practice. You always prepare for every eventuality. The whole question is interpretation of the rules, and the fact that every move was sanctioned by the fourth official, leads me to believe that NO replay will occur.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I think Offaly's success coincided with Ray wearing his parrot hat to the matches.
We need to get him wearing it again!

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

.....i'm nearly sure i saw him at the wexford game in kilkenny there last sunday, wasnt he on the sunday game that nite, twice!?