Reigning league Champion SBOR speaks out

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh
Senior

Reigning league Champion SBOR speaks out

Post by Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh »

Found this article in a very obscure place

An article with SBOR and his league win

As I patiently waited in the bustling lobby of the Tullamore Court for the Uibhfhaili.com Tipster league Champion of 2006 I pondered on the sacrifices one would have to make in order to beat all on the way to glory in the GAA's most prestigious competition, sure the competition was tough and the hours spent deliberating over decisions leave you out of pocket, reduce your chance of promotion at work and mean that sometimes you don't get away from your computer until all hours at night to spent time with your family - but the big question I needed to ask was - has it been worth it?

In walked the Champ, a Polish hotel worker instantly recognises the Offaly super star and ask for the prized autograph, he promises the champ he will sent the now priceless signed beer mat home to his papa, who'll hang it with pride from the mirror of his Lada - soomthline 1.2GL.

I ask SBOR is it always like this and he tells me he has just returned from a village school in West Offaly, where he presented the medals at the School sports day and confirmed 224 Children in the adjoining church, "my fame is nice and don't get me wrong the smiles on those kids faces are priceless but I feel let down by Uibhfhaili.com, its such a large organisation bursting at the seams with money and what do I get for my efforts" - Getting agitated the Champ continues - "We’ve been knocked into touch so many times by Uibhfhaili.com - they say they talk but they don’t really," said SBOR.

"I think a lot of Tipsters are getting browned off with it."

A game synonymous with amateurism where the tipsters of the past did it for the love of their avatar however obliviously the efforts of the modern Tipster are taking their toll, " I missed out promotion last year, because the company did an audit of hours spent on the internet, I was top of their table too, which meant a bollickin and NO promotion - sometimes you wonder do all in Uibhfhaili.com comprehend the work that goes into the modern Tips".

SBOR went on to state that pay-for-Tips is not what he is looking for, he stated that it was him and his colleagues tipping skills that brought people to the site which in turn allowed Uibhfhaili.com build a world class Website, and now professional journalists could use the site to display their skills, he had very clear demands - all we want is:

1. To be reimbursed for all out of pocket expenses (costs of broadband)
2. Two new keyboards every season
3. A new mouse for the Championship
4. Assistance in obtaining grants from S.V.P. (at the very least some butter vouchers)
5. A cup for the winning the jayus league

No. 5 is a particular sore point with SBOR, "jayus sake I went to officially open a Costcutter store in Bracknagh a few weeks ago, I was up-staged by the Clonbullogue Trashing Queen, she had a Crown and all I had was a print off of the final scores from last year - you can't drink porter from that"

I asked SBOR was a wildcat strike the only way to go in order to highlight his grievances, he said he wouldn't rule it out but he may consider leaving it as late as possible to submit his results this year. Whatever happens, Uibhfhaili.com and the Tipsters are on a collision course, the issue may be addressed sooner rather than later!

SBOR headed off a vexed man, but he had a lady on each arm - an added bonus of being champ?...............I'm not sure[/b]

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I think the best way of protesting is to submit your tips 24 hours after every match!
Also, rolling down your socks would be a good idea.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

This is class stuff SBOR. :) Very topical. I might post this on the GAA Board if that's ok with you?

Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh
Senior

Fire away, Joe Brolly and I are the only outspoken greats!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Yourself and Joe could be headed for a showdown, what with your polar opposite positions at the moment .......

(Fantastic piece by the way - excellent work!! :D )

Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh
Senior

I thoroughly enjoyed Dermot Crowes interview with the Derry great, he is doing great work in South Belfast for the GAA and Irish Nationalism

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Funny Stuff SBOR :lol:

far from croghan hill
County player

Post by far from croghan hill »

SBOR great stuff-keep the flag flying, from what i can gather your pretty much anti GPA, aganist the opening of croke park and all for promoting gaelic games in the spirit of 'nationalism'!!super ....wonder have you got as sweet a left peg as brolly :D :D :D
THERE IT GOES HIGH IN THE ARMS OF WILLE BRYANS!!

The Biff
All Star

All I want for Christmas is ......

Post by The Biff »

Well done SBOR; captures the points perfectly. :twisted:

Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh
Senior

far from croghan hill wrote: ....wonder have you got as sweet a left peg as brolly :D :D :D
Unfortunatley not thats why I spend more time here than in the field

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Mighty Stuff SBOR!!!

I agree on the whole trophy thing!! since i did win the Paddy McCormack Cup!!! but where is the cup!!