Offaly vs Westmeath 2011 Leinster U21 football championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Killeighman
All Star

Re: Offaly vs Westmeath 2011 Leinster U21 football champions

Post by Killeighman »

we saw from that game how many of them u21's are on the senior panel now. i would like to have seen gav sheil given a run in the league. i played with him last year with killeigh and he is a very good goalkeeper. he can be even better than mulhall in my opinon and he's still on 21 aswell. he just missed out on playing u21 again this year and it could have progressed him a lot and it could have helped the u21's aswell the mark langtry was just not good enough

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Killeighman wrote:we saw from that game how many of them u21's are on the senior panel now. i would like to have seen gav sheil given a run in the league. i played with him last year with killeigh and he is a very good goalkeeper. he can be even better than mulhall in my opinon and he's still on 21 aswell. he just missed out on playing u21 again this year and it could have progressed him a lot and it could have helped the u21's aswell the mark langtry was just not good enough
Agree that Gavin Sheil is a good keeper, he shared goal keeping duties with Jock O'Connor for Killeigh in the past few years. I believe he transferred to Tullamore this year, probably to get senior football. Why wasn't he playing for Offaly this year, if he is under 21?

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

He is 21 but he is over the eligable date so he just missed out on it