All Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2012-2013

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
KillougheyGoBragh
County player
Club: KK

Re: All Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2012-2013

Post by KillougheyGoBragh »

Fantastic weekend I thought despite the result but congratulations must go to St Thomas's, they, like Kilcormac-Killoughey, were a credit to their community and county and indeed their Country.
No use in trying to analyse a single game, despite its importance, as afar as prizes are concerned.
I feel (to mis-quote Mandy Rice Davis "I would, wouldn't I?") its much better to look at the whole season Kilcormac-Killoughey have enjoyed.
The leap forward has been nothing less than phenomenal and I hope and believe that Kilcormac-Killoughey can use this season as a springboard to reach the levels of consistency that will deliver more success for our club and our county in time.
The effort everybody has put in at the club is a credit to the community as a whole.
We must not dwell on the loss of one match for this reason or that but rather ask our intellects to analyse how these successes were achieved by the men and women of Kilcormac-Killoughey.

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

As a ballinamere man I travelled to croker to cheer on St. Thomas as I hate them shower of K/K F***ers.. I proudly wore the Thomas colours into the Ball that night aswell.. Also what is the story with this Shane Guinan lads dancing in the video super kk style it is quiet shocking and one would wonder what goes through young lads heads these days with moves like that.. DIsgrace to his family for letting him make a fool of himself!!

westender
Junior A
Club: n/a

Post by westender »

townman wrote:
fifitrixiebelle wrote:no townsman tipp bet kk- thats the other kk- last week and bet galway y'day. our lads bet carla-just. weve no chance of getting out of Div2 with the dubs & the munster boys in pole position.
k/k did hurl the sh1t out of thurles......but dey still lost the ai. just like coolderry did last year. the match on sunday was there for the takin but dey cudnt take it. ah sure, 'tis the ref is to blame. sexton did a good job in trying circumstances. if a fella has a yella card he shudnt charge a lad in the chest. and the other was a strike with the hurley, end of. but sure twas sexton that hit every ball wide for k/k.....cant see k/k adding to the senior team.

things move on townsman but yer stuck in the past, have to move on from last yr. yes, i know we lost last yrs club final as well but ya just have to move on. if yer ai is the ai semi-final then dat says where yer stuck townsman - and its stuck there ye'll be for a long time :mrgreen:

and timber im not bitter, im the nicest & happiest man in ireland - all the time. youd love me, i know ya wud. and tipps best werent made a show of by k/k - tipps best did all the scoring from play for k/k!!!! :lol:
doesn't worry me mush my club have 4 club all irelands :wink:
Wondering why you keep calling for cleary for offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

why do you think he not good enough for the offaly panel that is there westender.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

The dignity shown by K-K in defeat has been noted by a number of posters here.

I have been reading the articles written in the K-K GAA Club noted in the local paper with interest for some time now. This week's was a beautiful summary of the pride, the honour and the disappointment felt throughout that parish as a brilliant journey came to an unsuccessful end (as far as winning the All-Ireland is concerned).

It particularly notes "With every step closer to Croke Park they took, the greater the feel-good factor and community spirit, the good-wishes and the lifted spirits. They warmed the hearts of the entire area which even the recessionary difficulties could not quench. Because of these guys we have had such positivity and massive community spirit".

Not once did it mention the referee. That is to the writer's credit. Well done, that woman or man.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.