Official Offaly Senior Hurling Team Thread 2013

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kinnittyman
All Star

Official Offaly Senior Hurling Team Thread 2013

Post by kinnittyman »

Just said we might aswell get the one thread going for the hurlers.

Went into OCP for the second half of an Offaly vs Kilcormac challenge match this morning. While it would be foolish to draw any conclusions at this time of the year, and particularly with the desperate weather conditions, it's clear Offaly have a huge amount of work to do. I overheard somebody say KK won by around 10 points outscoring Offaly 3 goals to none.

As said I only got in for second half so here is some of the team that I recognised

1 James Dempsey

2 Stephen Egan
3 David Kenny

5 David King
6 Dermot Mooney ( I think)

8 Kevin Brady
9 Del Morkam

10 Colm Coughlan
11 Colin Egan
12 Sean Ryan

13 Odhran Kealey
14 Shane Dooley
15 Tom Carroll

Great to see Stephen Egan back.

townman
All Star

Re: Official Offaly Senior Hurling Team Thread 2013

Post by townman »

late in the year alright, but Kenny still fullback :( have we not learn from Galway last year Kenny would be better on the halfback line.
good to see Egan back fine hurler, Colm Coughlan abit small but knows where the posts are.

Kevin Brady midfield have they not brought in any fresh blood into the panel bar David King the rest have been there over the years.

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

I agree with everything townman says above! Especially great to see Stephen Egan back. He could be intercounty football and hurling if he wanted. Genuine talent.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

its great to see Daniel Currams back on board with the hurlers for 2013 :D

esb_lad
Junior A
Club: Rynaghs

Post by esb_lad »

Does anyone have a full list of this years panel or know what new players are in with the seniors this year?

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

I see Offaly had a challenge match against Clare this morning in LIT which Clare won by 2-22 to 0-15. Seemingly Tony Kelly scored 0-13 for Clare. If he's looked after right, and there's no guarantee that will happen because of who the Clare manager is, he could prove a fantastic hurler for Clare.

Would anyone have any information on the Offaly team, how they played etc. Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic and I know it's only a challenge, but is 2-22 not a huge score to be conceding in January?

Although as the game was played in LIT it may have been played on an all weather surface.

Faithful 85
Junior C

Post by Faithful 85 »

Hi guys
My first post :)
Great to see the interest that has being drummed up lately through the relaunch of the supporters club,fantastic idea

On the hurlers,i dont know much about the new guys in,seemingly alot of younger lads called up
However i heard recently that about 10 guys are gone off the panel since the cork game last year
Obviously Brendan Murphy and David Franks have retired but i heard alot more names are also gone since that cork game, have the programme from cork game here the ones i can remember are
Eoin Kelly
Conor Hernon
James Rigney
Diarmuid Horan
Sean Coughlan
Barry Harding
Eanna Murphy
Joe Brady

Anyone know why all these guys are gone? some fantastic hurlers here so they obviously werent dropped

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Looks like no one has any information on the hurlers?

Club Faithful, any idea on the hurling panel at present.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Faithful 85 wrote: Eoin Kelly
Conor Hernon
James Rigney
Diarmuid Horan
Sean Coughlan
Barry Harding
Eanna Murphy
Joe Brady

God i hope that not true.
i would hate to see Eoin Kelly, James Rigney, Diarmuid Horan, Sean Coughlan, Barry Harding and Eanna Murphy, leave the Panel.
Kelly and Horan played well against Cork, Rigney was up and down last year but is a good player.

i don't want to see what happening last year where players who did not play any part in the league were get on ahead of players that played all year.

Anyone know the team that line out against Clare??
“Common sense is not so common.”

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

playin tipp next sunday in templemore

Club Faithful
Junior B

Post by Club Faithful »

Fixtures For The Week Ahead.
Football - Wednesday - Offaly v AIT - Gracefield @ 7.30pm
Football - Sunday - Offaly v Westmeath - Mullingar @ 2pm
Hurling Challenge - Sunday - Offaly v Tipperary - Morris Pk, Thurles @ 2pm
Both football games are in the O'Byrne Cup.

Supporters Zone will once again be in operation in Gracefield after the match. Hopefully we can build on a super crowd in O'Connor Park yesterday.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Fair Play to you Club Faithful for letting us know about upcoming challenge matches.

Hopefully you"ll be able to keep that up during the Spring and Summer months when it"ll be possible to have midweek challenge games. Will probably go to Thurles now to see how things are shaping up.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Presume its out of the question to host a couple of league matches in Gracefield? Worked well for the u21s last year!
A Saturday night over there would be good, and a few pints in Port after!
Probably with turnstiles etc, might be difficult. Could anyone clarify if this could be done. Twould be better for the footballers to have the advantage of playing in front of a full house, and might help build a bit of momentum. No harm to drag Tipp around , like they do in bringing teams to Ardfinnan and the like!

I know Offaly played London there in the championship qualifiers a few years ago on a Saturday afternoon,

Club Faithful
Junior B

Post by Club Faithful »

The senior hurling challange is now going to be played in Templemore on Sunday at 2pm.

Club Faithful hope to all members informed about challenge matches in both codes and the spring looms large.

Anyone still looking to join up can mail us at clubfaithful@gmail.com.

Alot of our ideas and initiatives are in the early stages yet but we have been encouraged by the level of support we have got to date. Thanks to everyone.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

offaly 1-9 tipp 0-11 Shane Dooley with the goal :D half time