2012 Leinster Club Championships

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: 2012 Leinster Club Championships

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Another point on radio 3, Pat Delaney from LAois was the co commentator on the day and he spoke very well and (emotionally it sounded) about the great achievement of KK in reaching the final and talked about some of the great names of the club from yesteryear and how they would have loved to have seen this day.
He mentioned a few names outside of Willie Gorman & Mick Spain, and gave the team great praise for their last 15minutes performance. I think he also said something to the effect that a performance close to this level would ensure that they could well win the final, (last 15 of course) and was very gracious after the game.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I know you didn't, B.

Portleix if it's Ballyhale; the home of hurling if it's against the Apple Field (Úll Gort being where they get Abhallart from)
boomcha wrote:Never said they were........What are the possible venue's for the Leinster Final??
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:I know you didn't, B.

Portleix if it's Ballyhale; the home of hurling if it's against the Apple Field (Úll Gort being where they get Abhallart from)
boomcha wrote:Never said they were........What are the possible venue's for the Leinster Final??
Didn't know Thurles was in the running for it Plain??? (Tounge firmly in cheek!!!)

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

It's not. (Deanpan serious)
kinnittyman wrote:Didn't know Thurles was in the running for it Plain??? (Tounge firmly in cheek!!!)

TheGreatGame
Junior A

Post by TheGreatGame »

Well done to K/K on their win. I thought it was a decent game for the conditions, good hard hurling and fair. PotH I don't think you'll find any R/E supporter that will think they were robbed. For sure they will have regrets about that missed goal opportunity, but that's sport. K/K got their purple patch just when a team really wants it - with ten minutes to go. Best of luck in the final, it's no forgone conclusion that it will be Ballyhale, and even if it is K/K will go into the final with nothing to lose.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

did i hear right was the leinster semi final called off today due to bad weather in wexford?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Twas called off late in the day, right enough. I heard from someone who was there that the right decision was made by referee Barry Kelly as conditions were dangerous for the hurlers. So the Apple Field get their postponement after all.

KillougheyGoBragh
County player
Club: KK

Post by KillougheyGoBragh »

That's winter hurling.
Savage flooding so understandable that matches get called-off.
Might be a Christmas Day final yet.
Ryanair making even more profits.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

I see Clan na Gael-Fontenoy went from strength to strength and won the Leinster Special Junior championship Final yesterday. It's only a few weeks since Killavilla drew with the Dublin reps in the first round and were beaten in the extra-time which followed. A game of inches?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

looks like its Ballyhale in portlaoise half time Ballyhale 1-8 Oulart 0-5, they shouldn't lose that lead could they.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

game on 1-9 to 1-6 shamrocks

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

KK to play Oulart the ballagh in the final. Great win for them.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Initial vibes are that this is one of the great days in Wexford hurling. Caveats are that Ballyhale werem't hurling well all year and were vulnerable. I was privately hoping Ballyhale would win today. Oh, and Henry went off with an ankle injury in the first half. How quickly can Oulart refocus? And they dreaming of Thurles Sarsfields in February.

weisford
Junior B

Post by weisford »

Well herbs

Oulart are only dreaming of unfinished business in a leinster club hurling final against an Offaly club side no more no less,

Their goal is to win a first leinster club title to add to their 10 wexford titles having only won their first in 1994,

I know the storey should be an over confident wexford side looking beyond the underdogs from offaly

but lads give us some credit for the last thirty two years we have being down this road before ,

So I would make KK favourites as only two Wexford clubs have ever won a leinster club title and the last one was by Rathnure in 1998

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

course k-k will win it now :lol: