Best chipper in Offaly?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kinnittyman
All Star

Re: Best chipper in Offaly?

Post by kinnittyman »

GreatDayForTheParish wrote:The chipper van that pulls up in downtown Kinnitty of a weekend night?

Post of the Day!! Never sampled it's delights yet and going to try and keep it that way.

Best chippers I've been in are in no particular order:

Macari's, Birr.

Toni's, Birr.

Macari's, Tullamore.

Sorrento's, Tullamore.

The best chipper I was ever in was Luigi's opposite the bus station in Limerick. Serious!! Always packed though.

The Magpie
All Star

Post by The Magpie »

the weasel wrote:it would have to be angelos in banagher for me, cant believe it hasnt been mentioned yet tbh.
Great call Weasel. Angelo's does a savage snackbox. None of the Rynaghs boys posting anymore?
The Dog chases the Car....the Car stops....the Dog can't Drive!

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

best chipper in offaly? - has to be Shane Lowry -- BOOM!!!!!!

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

The Magpie wrote:
the weasel wrote:it would have to be angelos in banagher for me, cant believe it hasnt been mentioned yet tbh.
Great call Weasel. Angelo's does a savage snackbox. None of the Rynaghs boys posting anymore?
Get the surprise box in Angelo's and all you fast food dreams will come true
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

joe bloggs wrote:
The Magpie wrote:
Get the surprise box in Angelo's and all you fast food dreams will come true
Judging by your picture Joe, you've had too many surprises!

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

kinnittyman wrote:
GreatDayForTheParish wrote:The chipper van that pulls up in downtown Kinnitty of a weekend night?

Post of the Day!! Never sampled it's delights yet and going to try and keep it that way.

Best chippers I've been in are in no particular order:

Macari's, Birr.

Toni's, Birr.

Macari's, Tullamore.

Sorrento's, Tullamore.

The best chipper I was ever in was Luigi's opposite the bus station in Limerick. Serious!! Always packed though.

Ah kinnittyman you're missing out. You'll want to get there early though - the place would be packed of a Saturday night with crowds from all the surrounding happening spots (Cadamstown, Clonaslee, Killyon, Coolderry, Rath) coming for a feed. To quote Fr Dougal Maguire: I'm no good at estimating crowds, but I'd say there's at least 17 million of them there.

Some half mad, half starved lads from Clareen would even chance their arm trying to blend in. Anything for a bit of food. However, the Kinnitty boys are never long twigging the rouse and aren't shy chasing them off with Flaherty hurls. You don't grow up in the mountains without having a sixth sense for these things - especially when it comes to hating everything to do with Clareen.

And no, I'm not from Kinnitty.

How ya now

Post by How ya now »

Stopped in Stewarts in Clara on the way home from Tonight's game in Navan !! Have to say the food was top notch, Nicest bag of chips and portion of curry i have got in a long while !!!