Junior A Football

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Fargo Boyle
All Star

Re: Junior A Football

Post by Fargo Boyle »

I fancy Daingean to go all the way this year. The other strong contenders are the double Ks. I don't think Clara have enough to win this year and Cappincur are too reliant on one or two players.

If the double Ks show some interest in this it will be hard to see them beaten. It will depend how their upcoming hurling semis pan out.

offalyman18
Junior B
Club: offaly

Post by offalyman18 »

yes daingean are strong but clara drew with them in the group match and i thought should have won! as for cappincur and kk?? watched them a few times this year and dont see them contending...Clara bet the two comfortably with players missing :?

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

Cant see past Clara and the winners of the Daingean/Tullamore game, more than likely Daingean. I dont think any of the other teams left have enough to challenge. Time will tell

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

Why are Cappincur not being considered?
They beat Daingean by 8 points.

As for the Clara/Daingean group game that ended all square, I thought it was Daingean who looked to have that game wrapped up only for them to give away a massive lead! For 3 quarters of that game Clara didn't look great at all!

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

Results from todays quarter finals

Cappincur 2-6 Killeigh 0-11
Daingean 1-9 Tullamore 2-3

First matchw as a cracker with 3 penalties both sides missed their first penalty butger Treacy scored one for Cappincur late on the help edge them to victory.Killeigh missed a difficult free to level the match with the last kick of the match.Best moment of the game was a brilliant Aussie Rules style catch with knees on his opponents back from one of Killeighs players.

Daingean were a good deal better than Tullamore but made things more difficult for themselves conceding a late goal to bring Tullamore back in to the game.I thought they could have conceded a penelaty in the last minute as one of the full back line appeared to pick the ball clean off the ground in the small rectangle, but I'm glad a penalty wasnt awarded

dee123
Junior C
Club: clara

Post by dee123 »

DAF wrote:Results from todays quarter finals

Cappincur 2-6 Killeigh 0-11
Daingean 1-9 Tullamore 2-3

First matchw as a cracker with 3 penalties both sides missed their first penalty butger Treacy scored one for Cappincur late on the help edge them to victory.Killeigh missed a difficult free to level the match with the last kick of the match.Best moment of the game was a brilliant Aussie Rules style catch with knees on his opponents back from one of Killeighs players.

Daingean were a good deal better than Tullamore but made things more difficult for themselves conceding a late goal to bring Tullamore back in to the game.I thought they could have conceded a penelaty in the last minute as one of the full back line appeared to pick the ball clean off the ground in the small rectangle, but I'm glad a penalty wasnt awarded
who will win the semis this weekend Clara daingean final i think

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

Lets hope the 2 semis on saturday can match that excitment so. My prediction is Clara and Daingean to meet in the final for a replay of the 2007 final

High School Musical
All Star

Fargo Boyle wrote:Lets hope the 2 semis on saturday can match that excitment so. My prediction is Clara and Daingean to meet in the final for a replay of the 2007 final
I'll second that

High School Musical
All Star

Cappincur 0-15 Clara 1-4
Daingean 2-7 Kilcormac/Killoughey 2-2

An all-Daingean parish final this year

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

High School Musical wrote:Cappincur 0-15 Clara 1-4
Daingean 2-7 Kilcormac/Killoughey 2-2

An all-Daingean parish final this year

Alot of the players would have played underage together.Should be a good final I would say Cappincur will be favourites they beat Daingean comfortably in the group stages and they play a lovely brand of direct football and have some good forwards.Peter Daly had and excellent game for Cappincur today as did Ger Treacy and the Stones fella at full forward is a real handful

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

Will be a very interesting final. Fancy Daingean myself, they seem to be motoring very well, forwards will cause any team trouble. Cappincur are too reliant on a few players.

white and blue
Junior C

Post by white and blue »

Final fixed for 22nd of October at 3pm in OCP. has the potential to be a cracker. to close to call

Awoefullhoor
Junior C
Club: Offaly

Post by Awoefullhoor »

Much anticipated junior final, Cappincur looked the more impressive in the semi finals but a local derby can be a great leveller. Hard to believe these clubs met a few times at senior championship level in the ninties.

Awoefullhoor
Junior C
Club: Offaly

Post by Awoefullhoor »

What an intriguing meeting this junior final promises to be, great colour and flags around the two areas. Its hard to believe these two clubs met on several occasions in senior championship in the nineties. Both teams were impressive in their semi finals, Cappincur possibly slightly more so, but a derby game is no respecter of form or favouritism. Too close to call.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Now that the Senior Final is over, any ideas on next Saturday's JFC Final between parish neighbours Daingean and Cappincur. Will Daingean finally deliver and capture the JFC title or will Cappincur's good form continue?