Junior A Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Re: Junior A Hurling

Post by puzzled »

Semi-final line up
St.Rynaghs v Ballinamere
Killiegh v Kinnitty
Rynaghs Killiegh final?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Possible banana skin for St Rynaghs, but Killeigh should be coming through Kinnitty fairly easily you'd imagine? By all accounts they're a lot better than a three point margin over Tullamore would suggest.

Some shocks in this at the weekend though, I guess anything is possible.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

i wouldnt right off kinnitty or ballinamere.kinnitty beat a strong k/k team who beat killeigh in killeigh by 6 points so its hard one to call ,killeigh might struggle if conditions are poor and they cant play direct hurling,rain and slow ground would suit kinnitty as i feel thats how they beat k/k. ballinamere won the final last year and could give rynaghs a scare,it should be a killeigh/rynaghs final this year but it all depends on the day,semi finals are very hard to win. predictions/ KILLEIGH V KINNITTY ; KILLEIGH 1- 09 KINNTTY 2- 06 ST.RYNAGHS V BALLINAMERE / ST.RYNAGHS 1-12 BALLINAMERE 2-10.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

brosna gaels 3-06 raheens 0-03 ,raheens relegated from junior A.raheens were unlucky this year and gave alot of teams very good hard games this year.

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Semi-finals fixed for this saturday both in Birr
St.Rynaghs v Ballinamere 3pm Declan Cooke
Killiegh v Kinnitty 4.30pm Brian Gavin
Rynaghs Killiegh final for me but this grade has been so hard to call all year any result is possible!
Rynaghs 1-18 Ballinamere 2-10
Killiegh 2-10 Kinnitty 1-9

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

st. rynaghs 1-16 ballinamere 1-09. rynaghs will be red hot going into the final,they are going well this year and inters are in the final to.ballinamere can be happy enough after winning last year they did well to come back again this year and get to semi. kinnitty 4-12 killeigh 0-11 .very poor from killeigh after starting the year so well and only losing one group game.killeigh were never going to win championship in my opinion,edenderry had them on the ropes for 45mins,raheens should have beaten them and k/k beat them by 6points.tullamore in the quarter final seemed like a young side and killeigh just beat them.i was expecting alot more especially with fox training them. i never expected kinnitty to beat them by 13 points but credit has to go kinnitty and they will fancy their chances in the final.i think rynaghs beat kinnitty in the group stages by 5 points,final might be closer but i expect rynaghs to win as i did all year.any word on when the final will be played and where?

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

RYNAGH'S LOOKED THE BETTER HURLERS IN THE SECOND PERIOD OF THEIR GAME.
KINNITTY'S 4 GOALS WERE CRUCIAL IN THE 2ND GAME, THEY SCORED EASIER THAN KILLEIGH WHO CRIIED THE BALL WHEN A LAY OFF TO A COLLEAGUE, OR SHOOT FOR A SCORE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BETTER OPTION. KINNITTY'S EX SENIOR PLAYERS MADE THE DIFFERENCE.
FOR KILLEIGH THEY GOT TO A SEMI FINAL, THEY SHOULD USE THIS EXPERIENCE TO BUILD ON FOR 2012.

middleman
Junior B

Post by middleman »

I see the final for this is fixed for sunday 23rd in OCP @ 1.45pm as Part of a double header with the intermediate final. Should be 2 good games of hurling. Junior final in particular should be a cracker judging by the two semi finals.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

prediction st.ryanghs 2-12 kinnitty 1-08. i think ryanghs will have to much fire power upfront and should win the junior final.

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Looking forward to this final on sunday,its not the two teams I thought would be in it but they have beaten everyone else along the way!
Rynaghs have plenty of experience Rafferty Mulhare Martin and if Kinnitty give away frees Eunan Martin will punish them all day long!
Kinnitty have plenty of well seasoned hurlers as well Kinsella McGuinness Hussey,Hussey made a couple of great saves in the semi-final against K/K and he will have to be at his best again on sunday if Kinnitty are to win, Seanie Carroll looks a very decent young forward and he will take a bit of stopping!

I'm going for Rynaghs by 4 points
St.Rynaghs 1-13 Kinnitty 1-9!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

st.rynaghs 0-14 kinnitty 1-09 . seems like this was a close enough game, couldnt go today. st.rynaghs on their performances all year deserve to be champions and well done to them.fair play to kinnitty for getting to the final.what happens next year do rynaghs have to re grade players to inter or are they aloud just keep the same team because they already have an inter team and also killavilla avoid the drop to i think.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

I must say I thought this was a very enjoyable game today. Rynaghs just about deserved it on the day as they had a better spread of guys who could get scores.

The standard of the hurling was surprisingly good considering the conditions and both sets of players showed huge commitment and there wasn't a nasty stroke in the game.

From a Kinnitty perspective the future doesn't look to bleak as to the best of my knowledge Paddy Rigney (wing back), Brian Donnelly (midield), Keith Bergin (impressive performance when brought on wing forward), Kevin O'Connor (used sub) and Andrew Browne (injured and a huge loss) are all minor in 2012. We need all 5 of these to make an impact at senior level in the next 3 to 5 years though along with John Molloy, Tommie Rigney and Seanie Carroll. If not who knows what the future has in store for us?

middleman
Junior B

Post by middleman »

Was at the game sunday, very entertaining match given the conditions. In the first half it looked as if kinnity might win easily after leading 7pts to 1 but it was clear that the wind was picking up and they really did need to go in at half time with more than a 3pt lead. They were unlucky not to get a goal just before half time. credit must be given to rynaghs though, they showed great heart in the second half and came out with all guns blazing and they were cruising until kinnity got 1-1 in the going into the last few minutes but once again rynaghs showed great composure and held on. I think its fair to say the 2 best teams were in the final and the best team probably won on the day.

On a side note to me the intermeidate final should never have taken place afterwards! the pitch was poor for the junior game but the rain really began just before the intermediate game. The rapidly deteriorating conditions did nothing for the hurling but fair play to brosna gaels, they made the most of it.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

leinster special killeigh 2-06 parnells (dublin) 2-14.big defeat for killeigh,was anyone at the game?