Intermediate Football Championship 2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Re: Intermediate Football Championship 2011

Post by puzzled »

First semi-final fixed for this saturday
Rhode v Raheen venue OCP Ref M Mahon 5 oclock!
Predictions anyone?

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

H-T in OCP - Rhode 1-7 : Raheen 0-3

Rhode whould ease this one out now with the wind at their backs....
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Rhode 1-12 Raheen 1-5 .

Raheen outclassed by a superior team. Rhode will not have any fears playing St Brigids or Clonbollogue, especially if they do not lose any more players to the senior team.

1-5 is a poor score from Raheen here, I thought they would have competed better - The game looked over after 15 mins!
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

theheen
Junior C
Club: raheen

Post by theheen »

Rhode were much the better side . Best of luck to them. Should be a good final against croghan . Should be some big hits. Hard to know were raheen go from here another semi final lost. Just can't seem to make the break tru

john locke
Junior A

Post by john locke »

Rhode 1-12 Raheen 1-5 .

Raheen outclassed by a superior team. Rhode will not have any fears playing St Brigids or Clonbollogue, especially if they do not lose any more players to the senior team.

1-5 is a poor score from Raheen here, I thought they would have competed better - The game looked over after 15 mins!

How would you know ?????? your not even in the country ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? and if you think your going to me some diff next year your sadly mistaken
Sometimes you meet your destiny on the road you took to avoid it

john locke
Junior A

Post by john locke »

Hands up raheen were bet home tonight

John locke is leaving the island

Wont hearding from me again - got broken tonight

Hign School musical - as bon jovi says ---- keep the the faith
Sometimes you meet your destiny on the road you took to avoid it

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

Finished all square today with Brigids and Clonbollogue. Very entertaining game! I feel Clonbollogue might have missed their chance. One stage where the corner forard came in along the by-line and instead of fisting it over to make them 4 points clear, he went for an impossible goal and it crashed off upright and away to safety. I felt myself that this was the turning point.

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

Croghan are used to playing Rhode's seniors and always feel that they have a chance, now the roles are reversed and Rhode 2 must have a great chance, Sean Casey will be a big loss to the blues. Rhode by 2.

browser
Junior C

Post by browser »

how do you know sean casey wont be playing

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

browser wrote:how do you know sean casey wont be playing
Because he was sent off last Sunday in the semi-final replay against Clonbullogue.
Keep The Faith

browser
Junior C

Post by browser »

maybe there is more news to come

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

Croghan blew this game they missed buckets loads of chances most from Ken Casey who had a poor day on the frees and surely should have been told to drop them in the square or work something short also Sean Casey missed a great goal chance in the second half after he had scored an excellent goal in the first half and the two goals they conceded were soft aswell.

white and green flag
Junior C

Post by white and green flag »

What can anyone say about the strength of the intermediate championship and the teams in it, when the natural team for promotion (Rhode), can and would not even be able to provide one player on their starting 15 to assist a team that were beaten in the semi finals of the senior championship? Talk about a huge division!

Also can I say that if there were 15 Ken Caseys on the Croghan team they would not even have got to the knockout stages of the championship? That boys attitude to the game and his team is simply awful...

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

What is going to happen now re promotion/relegation issue? Will Shamrocks be staying senior as a result of this outcome.

The standard of intermediate football is not lessened just because Rhode's second team have won it. In the knock out rounds of the championship most games are close and in the balance and this results in nerves and tight unpredicatble finishes. I'd imagine Brigid's biggest fear was to play and lose to Rhode's second team in a county final and unfortunately this has happened. It does not lessen the quality of either team. In fact i have noticed from playing numerous second teams of senior clubs that they tend to have a greater air of confidence probably garnered from training at higher intensities and playing with better players during league and challenge matches.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Midlands Radio 3 have just announced that Shamrocks are to play intermediate in 2012, which I presume has come out from the county board meeting. I had heard this was the county board line, but as far as I was aware Shamrocks were querying it - whether they were going all out with an appeal or not I couldn't tell you.

It makes a bit of a farce of the championship though - eleven teams? If we're still going to have quarter finals, it's a big advantage to be drawn in the five team group. Also, whoever has the bye week last has a bit of a disadvantage since other teams could know what they have to do to go through. I know it will be random, but it's still not ideal.

I wonder what's the plan for 2013 - are we going to try and get back to 12, go down to 10, or stay at 11? I presume we'll wait till October next year to decide that. :roll:
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.