Offaly County board what a joke!!!!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
white and blue
Junior C

Offaly County board what a joke!!!!

Post by white and blue »

Today offaly county board informed the clubs left in the Junior A football championship that the quarter final will not be played until the 1st and2nd of october with
Final provisionally fixed for the 30th of October. What happens if there is a draw it will still be going on
At x mass. Most of the teams left in it started training last january. That means the teams will have been playing for 10 months if there are no more delays. I think the fixtures committee has there heads up there asses they have no consideration for players what so ever.
Anybody got any views???

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Offaly County board what a joke!!!!

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd love to hear the reason why this is the case before commenting. It certainly doesn't seem to make any sense to let the month of September go by with no fixtures. I know there's a lot of crossover with minor football and a lot with Senior hurling in the case of Kilcormac/Killoughey, but it still makes no sense not to perhaps play two this week and two next week?

When a decision is so off the wall like this, it can't be just random - there has to be a reason. I'm not saying it's a good one, but I'd like to hear it before jumping to any conclusions.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Seems hard to credit that the JFC final may be played after the time clocks go back, this competition plus the JHC and theIHC/IFC should be wrapped up this month. In fact we should be having our SFC/SHC finals this month also. Offaly's championship ended in June/July, and we are only at the Q/finals.
This topic generated some interest here a few months ago, but maybe Offaly County Board need to look at running the 2012 championships off in a tighter schedule than previously. Let's face it we won't be challenging for All Ireland or Provincial titles for the foreseeable future.

PS Shouldn't we have appointed out team mangements by now, so they can run the eye over the tail end of the championships?

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

I am so frustrated, I honestly feel like giving up football. What is wrong wit the county board?? I have been commuting half the country since Febuary and can count on one hand the training sessins I have missed. And now Im told that the championship wont be finishing until the 30h October. Wat the F**K is wrong with the county board??? No regard whatsoever. Both the senior and inter. championships had 2 rounds played before we started, why couldnt the JFC have started at same time??? Master fixtures list, yea good one. What is the point anymore trying to even peak for september when we get told this year after year.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

it is a joke,the JHC was the same it didnt start till late, shite like this just turns lads off playing.you train for about 3 or 4 months before championship starts and then it stops and starts.offaly didnt even get a decent run in football or hurling and if they did finals would be in november.september should be finals month in all grades simple as.your now getting into brutal weather conditions making it hard for the players to play.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

Did anyone hear any more info on why this has being moved out?