Tullamore in a little bit of bother?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Certainly Gerry
Junior B

Re: Tullamore in a little bit of bother?

Post by Certainly Gerry »

My point is that they could have sacrificed this summer to enjoy themselves in NZ and worry about football for their respective colleges and for Offaly when they come home.
I have never noticed the likes of the Whelehans, Finbar Cullen or Niall McNamee sacrificing a summer to enjoy themselves and thus let their club down. To me it seems the club team comes first for these lads. One would assume they have enjoyed their travels and now recognise the fact that they are needed by their club to ensure Tullamore don't get relegated.

In the long grass
Senior

Re: Tullamore in a little bit of bother?

Post by In the long grass »

Certainly Gerry wrote:
My point is that they could have sacrificed this summer to enjoy themselves in NZ and worry about football for their respective colleges and for Offaly when they come home.
I have never noticed the likes of the Whelehans, Finbar Cullen or Niall McNamee sacrificing a summer to enjoy themselves and thus let their club down. To me it seems the club team comes first for these lads. One would assume they have enjoyed their travels and now recognise the fact that they are needed by their club to ensure Tullamore don't get relegated.
Ok I except you point of view. I know what your saying. I commend them on coming home to help out their club who seem to be in a spot of bother.

Its just from a personal point of view I feel that football/hurling is not the be all and end all. Things like travelling, life expereinces, getting if out of your system when your young and able and have very little responsibility, these things should be taken advantage of! As we all know, theres very little work and opportunity in Ireland at the minute so why not get away from the doom and gllom for a while. And nobody should feel like they are ''letting their club down'' by doing this. As I said in my previous post, you can be involved in football/hurling for years and years, look at Micko, but you will not always have the opportunity to go away and let your hair down for a summer or 12 months!