Offaly V Limerick SFCQ 09/07/2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Offaly V Limerick SFCQ 09/07/2011

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Yup, and the front 15 rows are below pitch-level!!!
GreatDayForTheParish wrote:Head for the back so, the Mackey Stand wouldn't have the best reputation for keeping the rain out.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Yup, and the front 15 rows are below pitch-level!!!
GreatDayForTheParish wrote:Head for the back so, the Mackey Stand wouldn't have the best reputation for keeping the rain out.
I learnt that one the hard way for the Offaly Clare qualifier in 2004. Probably best I didn't see anything though.

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

Dont worry about the numbers on the Bradys backs. We all know Scott will be centre back. Might cause some early confusion as Ross heads up the field to line out wearing no 6. Its a strong team and you'd have to feel after the Monaghan performance that we are capable of winning this one. But we'll go quietly confident and no more.
We need more of the same from Dalton, as Smith will win plenty of clean ball around the middle. And for god sake kick the feckin thing in to Niall.

A sunny day would be nice but with Oxegen on we know thas doubtful!!!

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Nope, I haven't mixed up the 2 Brady's, but as Abercrombie Fitch said, neither of them will play in their named position and it will cause a bit of early confusion in the Limerick camp.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

This is a perfect match up for both teams. Both should feel they can win (as has been mentioned previously). Its doubtful that anyone will really fear us.
Any future opponents will look at the Monaghan game and be thankful that they were not the ones to face us that day. They'll also wonder if we'll continue our recent unfortunate tradition and blow hot and cold. Wouldn't this be a perfect time to show that Monaghan was not fluke?

The Offaly players showed their cards the last day even though Monaghan may have had an off day or underestimated us or both. Limerick know exactly what they are facing and so do we so there is no advantage either way.

Best wishes on the day boys, you KNOW you are capable. Do yourselves proud.

COME ON OFFALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Superted
Intermediate

Post by Superted »

Not able to make it to Limerick today.
Best of luck to the the Offaly footballers today! Come on the faithful!

Superted
Intermediate

Post by Superted »

Fierce disspointing result! Thats it for another year.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Superted wrote:Fierce disspointing result! Thats it for another year.
disspointing alright but not :shock: more like :oops: i'd say.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Long time no speak here, but Townman, what the fuck are you on about? with your smilies etc...hopefully you are just TIC?

wazzaman
Junior A
Club: N/A

Post by wazzaman »

townman wrote:
Was is it with you CLOWNMAN are you anti football or what? I reckon in that small brain of yours you really wanted Limerick to win yesterday.

All i can say too you is that i support hurling and football as equals, it doesn't matter if im from north or south offaly were all the one.. now cop on muppet!!

wazzaman
Junior A

Post by wazzaman »

On the game itself,

The team never left the bus only apart from 2 players Ciaran Mac and Ken Casey who played well i thought others were defiantly ''hiding'' out their on the picth.

It was back to the bad old Offaly eg ( Handpassing sideways with no intensity and some brutal kicks at goal ) like what can Cribben do i wouldnt blame him either the man cant kick the ball over the bar for them can he.

The killer blow game with about 10 mins to go with the score (12) - (14) and joe Quinn lost possesion of the ball as last man and they scored a goal game over in truth the game was over at half time i felt and thats the tuth.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

wazzaman wrote:
townman wrote:
Was is it with you CLOWNMAN are you anti football or what? I reckon in that small brain of yours you really wanted Limerick to win yesterday.

All i can say too you is that i support hurling and football as equals, it doesn't matter if im from north or south offaly were all the one.. now cop on muppet!!
go way you were you not in portlaoise on saturday watching your beloved laois, and by the way yer are all quick to have something to say when the hurlers are beaten
and joe dooley should go.

and yes offaly were brutal again and a poor limerick team missing about 4 of there best players gave them a lesson in football, but sure we all know the only game in offaly that
is in trouble at the moment is the hurling on this site anyway, Taxi for tommy me thinks........

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Hyper wrote:Long time no speak here, but Townman, what the fuck are you on about? with your smilies etc...hopefully you are just TIC?
look again muppet there is no smilies just Embarassed about the display and not shocked that limerick beat offaly, why are you shocked that limerick won
if so you must be living under a stone for the last 5 year's.

wazzaman
Junior A

Post by wazzaman »

Townman whats your obsession with Laois and kildare? you'll be calling me a Kerry man next. Ive lived in Offaly all my life and hate laois with a passion.. I reckon your mother dropped you when u were a baby while she was answering the telephone.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

wazzaman wrote:Townman whats your obsession with Laois and kildare? you'll be calling me a Kerry man next. Ive lived in Offaly all my life and hate laois with a passion.. I reckon your mother dropped you when u were a baby while she was answering the telephone.
look wazzaman or gazza you are quick to write shit first about hurling area know nothing about football first remember, also how many tullamore men were there on the team
better mind yer selfs or could be down out of senior this year with Birr to replace ye ... then who knows about football in the hurling area as you would say. :D