Offaly Team to face Wexford in Leinster Football Championshi

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: Offaly Team to face Wexford in Leinster Football Championshi

Post by townman »

wazzaman wrote:TOWNMAN.. you really are a proper clown. Lay off that smack will ya.. Jesus i didn't think Birr was that bad.

you were the muppet that said that we should stick with the hurling and what do we know about football is it because i was right about Brosanan been a very good footballer and offaly couldn't handle him as you seen yourself so you lay of the smack take it you were wrong tough sh.t

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

wazzaman wrote:We can argue all we like lads, about that defeat. But it summed Offaly gaa up for me when i seen at least 4 players puffing on fags in tullamore saturday night. im not even going to mention them on here either and their not from the town either.. They didn't seem to have any care in the world either, that they were hammered by wex. When i see things like that i often wonder why do i bodher supporting these lads at all..
can players not smoke now, grow up or where did you come out of the hills, had you nothing better to do than go around watching what county players were doing
sad man you are :(

wazzaman
Junior A
Club: N/A

Post by wazzaman »

townman wrote:
wazzaman wrote:We can argue all we like lads, about that defeat. But it summed Offaly gaa up for me when i seen at least 4 players puffing on fags in tullamore saturday night. im not even going to mention them on here either and their not from the town either.. They didn't seem to have any care in the world either, that they were hammered by wex. When i see things like that i often wonder why do i bodher supporting these lads at all..
can players not smoke now, grow up or where did you come out of the hills, had you nothing better to do than go around watching what county players were doing
Course they can smoke clown.. Sure no one minded,johny pilkington when he was playing, the difference been he was a legend that won all irelands,and the lads that i seen saturday night which 2 of whom are from Birr gave Offaly's worst defeat in the championship against wexford in 109 years.. Would i not have the right too complain when i bought 3 tickets worth 20 euro each to go up and watch a display like that.. well i wasnt looking out for them or anything ya clown they were in front of me in the smoking area! what do you want me to do close my eyes you fool..

concrete
Junior A

Post by concrete »

rhode and clara have dominated offaly football in recent years and tullamore are the 3rd best team in offaly, of the 15 who started for offaly against wexford we had 3 from rhode, 2 from clara and 0 from tullamore, maybe thats why we're so bad

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

wazzaman wrote:
townman wrote:
Course they can smoke clown.. Sure no one minded,johny pilkington when he was playing, the difference been he was a legend that won all irelands,and the lads that i seen saturday night which 2 of whom are from Birr gave Offaly's worst defeat in the championship against wexford in 109 years.. Would i not have the right too complain when i bought 3 tickets worth 20 euro each to go up and watch a display like that.. well i wasnt looking out for them or anything ya clown they were in front of me in the smoking area! what do you want me to do close my eyes you fool..
well that's your answer when Birr who are not senior can get two lads on the team and( as you say) they know nothing about football tells you whats in the football
side of the county its no wonder its the worst defeat in 109 years. as for buying 3 tickets no one force you to buy them stay at home the next day so.

bye the way sure what would you know about Johnny P from the football end as you would say :wink:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

wazzaman wrote:''Townman'' and his pal ''South Offaly'' should stick too hurling.. sure his from south Offaly, what would they know about Football...
in case you forget that is what you said, CLOWN :oops:

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

I personally think there is alot of lads on the county football panel that like the social scene too much. Theres alot of inflated ego's there. And Im talking about players from alot of the clubs.

If your out any Saturday night in Tullamore I guarantee you'll see a few of them throwing the shapes thinking they are legends. Its just unacceptable. To succeed at this level you cant mix sport and social scene. Go have a good night after they win a leinster championship match then back down to training hard for the next one.

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

Seen it all before, the pat on the back, hard luck young fella , ye played well , just wasnt your day, will ye have a jar, has anyone the balls to say it like it is, you were shite ur team is shite and you should f off and drink in mullingar

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm going to ignore the bickering above except to say to lads, have ye nothing better to be doing?
concrete wrote:rhode and clara have dominated offaly football in recent years and tullamore are the 3rd best team in offaly, of the 15 who started for offaly against wexford we had 3 from rhode, 2 from clara and 0 from tullamore, maybe thats why we're so bad
All too simplistic analysis. Rhode are the best team in Offaly because in Niall McNamee they have an individual footballer who county teams find hard to stop, never mind club sides. Of their other footballers, several have been tried, and Shane Sullivan walked away.

Three Clara subs were brought in against Wexford and both John Reynolds and Thomas Deehan had time to change things, but neither of them managed to do so. That's not to single them out, they were just part of the overall malaise.

As for Tullamore, well their three best players on current form from what I can tell are Shane Dooley, Michael Brazil and John Moloney, none of whom are available for selection this summer.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

wazzaman
Junior A
Club: N/A

Post by wazzaman »

townman wrote:
wazzaman wrote:''Townman'' and his pal ''South Offaly'' should stick too hurling.. sure his from south Offaly, what would they know about Football...
Big man aren't ya townman.. I'd be more than happy to discuss this subject futher face to face.. if you would like too anytime. wonder what you'd be like? hardly a coward behind a computer screen are we. im sick of your shit now. what you think your great becuse u said ben brosnan was the man to be wary of.. God you must know football inside out. I bet your ''south offaly'' aswel i suppose you need somebody 2 back you up

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Jaysus last Saturday's hammering is after starting a civil war on this site, If any Wexford people are looking at any of this Id say they are having a right oul chuckle :lol:

The Magpie
All Star

Post by The Magpie »

I had promised myself that I'd avoid posting on this topic, as I don't really want to write what I think.

Anyway, I seldom agree with Long John, but he's on the money here:
Long John wrote:I personally think there is alot of lads on the county football panel that like the social scene too much. Theres alot of inflated ego's there. And Im talking about players from alot of the clubs.

If your out any Saturday night in Tullamore I guarantee you'll see a few of them throwing the shapes thinking they are legends. Its just unacceptable. To succeed at this level you cant mix sport and social scene. Go have a good night after they win a leinster championship match then back down to training hard for the next one.
Amongst our many many problems, we have a glut of local heroes. And this has been the case for a long time now. The funny thing is, despite considerable changes in personnel across the panel, the problem hasn't really gone away.

Only very strong leadership and management will cure this problem. I suspect if we were lucky enough to get somebody with those qualities, we'd get rid of him one way or another. God forbid a few feathers might be ruffled.

And yes, this is a cut at some of the players and also explicitly at the management team.

Being beaten is acceptable. Aside from a wonderful purple patch, we're quite used to it in this county. But giving-up is unforgivable.
The Dog chases the Car....the Car stops....the Dog can't Drive!

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Magpie you make an excellent point but this carry on has been the norm since Tommy Lyons left, what you are talking about is getting a very big personality who will command the utmost respect from a panel of players and with that you are talking about big money being spent on getting this person in and that is not going to happen, when Tom Cribben steps down[ probably on June 26th] it will more than likely be an in county guy which means we will be having this same debate this time next year :(

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

wazzaman wrote:
townman wrote:
Big man aren't ya townman.. I'd be more than happy to discuss this subject futher face to face.. if you would like too anytime. wonder what you'd be like? hardly a coward behind a computer screen are we. im sick of your shit now. what you think your great becuse u said ben brosnan was the man to be wary of.. God you must know football inside out. I bet your ''south offaly'' aswel i suppose you need somebody 2 back you up
go way you big thick just because you are wrong in what you said, you want to go face to face will you grow up, you are the pri.k that was trying to
be smart i was just saying Brosnan was a good footballer and you said what would we know about football.

the next time you write about hurling i will let you know, so go way with your fu.king Rambo stuff you won't do it with your mouth prize P

sean1976
Junior B
Club: all

Post by sean1976 »

the biggest problem in this county is the "divide" , im a blue to the core and a proud hurling man, BUT we are at a disadvantage beacause of our geographical location(granted its worse for clubs around us). now, it is an absolute joke that a man can get away with labelling a lad a hurler because hes from birr/banagher/etc. and visa versa - labeling lads from north footballers. if we want to make progress on either front, its vital that we come together. and to be fair, anyone who claims birr is "all hurling", remember, there was as many starting in lsfc as the lshc last weekend. whats this iniative, "give respect get respect" cop on lads ..unite as one.........