Division 1 League Results.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
old_faithful
Junior C
Club: D Island

Division 1 League Results.

Post by old_faithful »

Lads what were the club Division 1 league results at the weekend?
Whats the fixtures for next weekend?

offalyman08
All Star

Re: Division 1 League Results.

Post by offalyman08 »

Walsh Island 0-11 0-9 Ballycumber
Clara 0-10 0-06 Edenderry

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

Rhode 2-18
Raheen 1-3 i think

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Anton Sullivan gone for a while, dislocated his Shoulder on Friday night against Raheens.
Be careful out their

Edenderry4ever
Junior C
Club: Edenderry

Post by Edenderry4ever »

Edenderry 2nds thrashed the Edenderry rejects on Saturday in Edenderry.
Ballyfore have to import a load of players to keep their pathetic little club alive and they still can't win a game!

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Edenderry4Ever do i detect a bit of sour grapes? When yee had the players yee made them decide on what sport to play so they simply moved to a club that allowed them to play other sports. Are you from the same club that cried and whinged when the got relegated to intermediate a few years ago?? Your getting excited over Edenderrys junior team beating Ballyfores junior team. I can guarantee If your senior and there intermediate team met,it would be alot closer. Edenderry are only living on past glory. Should be down intermediate with ballyfore anyway. And btw im not a ballyfore or an edenderry man.
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Edenderry4ever wrote:Edenderry 2nds thrashed the Edenderry rejects on Saturday in Edenderry.
Ballyfore have to import a load of players to keep their pathetic little club alive and they still can't win a game!
Jaysus you clearly came here to make friends.

Edenderry didn't want players who weren't going to make a primary commitment to football, and in fairness to the club, they allowed the lads to go play junior with another team who I presume are planning to take a more forgiving line in that area. More lads playing football altogether, and Ballyfore get a bit of reinforcement and can go back to regularly fielding two teams. Indeed I would have imagined (perhaps I'm being naive!) that Edenderry would have gained a little bit of kudos for agreeing to let the lads move and not contesting the issue.

Surely this is a win/win situation and not one to be crowing about?
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Lone Shark wrote:Indeed I would have imagined (perhaps I'm being naive!) that Edenderry would have gained a little bit of kudos for agreeing to let the lads move and not contesting the issue.

I think its obvious that edenderry4ver doesnt speak for the club or its players. it is a win win for all parties. Ballyfore now have two teams and Edenderry have the players they want & feel will give 100% to the cause. The fact Edenderry didnt object to even one transfer proves there is no bad blood.

Edenderry4ever
Junior C
Club: Edenderry

Post by Edenderry4ever »

Lone Shark wrote:
Edenderry4ever wrote:Edenderry 2nds thrashed the Edenderry rejects on Saturday in Edenderry.
Jaysus you clearly came here to make friends.

Edenderry didn't want players who weren't going to make a primary commitment to football, and in fairness to the club, they allowed the lads to go play junior with another team who I presume are planning to take a more forgiving line in that area. More lads playing football altogether, and Ballyfore get a bit of reinforcement and can go back to regularly fielding two teams. Indeed I would have imagined (perhaps I'm being naive!) that Edenderry would have gained a little bit of kudos for agreeing to let the lads move and not contesting the issue.

If a club depends on disagreements in other clubs to provide them with players well then they need to take a hard look at themselves and wonder why they bother even continuing.

toughtackler
Junior A

Post by toughtackler »

Edenderry4ever......Jaysus talk about trying to stir sh1t on here.Right these lads are gone from the club...Get over it,no point harping on about it.I'm from the club and yes I was disappointed these lads upped and left but that's life...They couldn't 100% commit to Edenderry GAA so off with them!!It was only a junior league match which means feck all.At the end of the day it was a victory of sorts but nothing major!!!!Time to move on and forget about what happened and concentrate on our own club and doing the best for the young lads that are coming through....

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Edenderry4ever wrote:
If a club depends on disagreements in other clubs to provide them with players well then they need to take a hard look at themselves and wonder why they bother even continuing.
Ballyfore GAA has been around for a long time and will undoubtedly be around for a long time yet. Every club goes through highs and lows and the fact that this might inject a bit of life into the club is no bad thing. Rural clubs only being able to field one team is not uncommon, sadly. It's not ideal for any such club, and I've come across several instances where the old chestnut of "the numbers aren't there" was trotted out when it was far from true, but without knowing the Ballyfore situation, all I can say is that it's great that they are getting a bolt of life from this.

With all due respect, Edenderry has a large town to pick from and while that does create it's own unique set of challenges and I would never downplay those for a minute, it is a different world to small rural clubs. Not easier, not harder, but very different.

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

so anyway, the division 1 results???????

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

brian fantana wrote:so anyway, the division 1 results???????

Exactly!! How did the other games go?

shamrocks, tubber, erin rovers, tullamore etc?? any results?

Lone Shark any hope of you just deleting that other garbage??

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I heard that the Edenderry-Ballyfore match finished 3-3 and that Edenderry won the penalty shootout!

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

offalyman08 wrote:
brian fantana wrote:so anyway, the division 1 results???????

Exactly!! How did the other games go?

shamrocks, tubber, erin rovers, tullamore etc?? any results?

Lone Shark any hope of you just deleting that other garbage??
Delete anything like this and the rumour mill goes into overdrive. In fairness most people were singing from the one hymnsheet anyway.

By the way in division 2, Ferbane seniors beat Ballyfore firsts 2-8 to 0-8 on Sunday, but I'm wary of even mentioning that now.