Latter Stages of Junior A

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Georgio1
All Star

Re: Latter Stages of Junior A

Post by Georgio1 »

Darby is a scandal of a ref. No rapport with players, no knowledge of the game, and makes it up as he goes along. The one thing positive I can say about him is that he does bring his own umpires to championship games, however that may be for security reasons more so given what happened against Ballyfore last year!

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

Daingean wont be best pleased to hear that they have Darby again for the match against edenderry this weekend so!! :lol:

lostinjuniora
Intermediate
Club: Ballinagar

Post by lostinjuniora »

Clonmore Rejects will try to bully their way past Cappincur but shouldn't have a hope because they will have to play in a pitch with nice short grass, a neutral venue away from like their own s*it-hole of a pitch, and their local referee

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

lostinjuniora, a bit bitter are we? Related to John Greene by any chance? :roll:

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

Couple of shocks from the q/f's! Clonmore Harps deservedly beat Cappincur by 2 points. They wanted it so much more and Cappincur just never got going until the final 10 minutes. Cappincur really missed the injured ger treacy. Also, Tullamore knocked out K/K, who were favourites along with Daingean! Shamrocks beat Killeigh while Daingean easily accounted for edenderry.

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

k/k's departure has blown this wide open.. daingean have known to stuuter in this championship in the past and this has to be their year if the hold the heads.. elsewhere id rate shamrocks 2nd clonmore harps 3rd and tullamore 4th.. just based on group results..

whats the draw for the semis??

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Only Tullamore can beat Daingean from here, and even then I don't think they will. Shamrocks and Clonmore Harps are competitive decent teams but neither side has the kind of class that Daingean have going through the team. Kilcormac/Killoughey were always going to be the wild card who could put together a great game on a given day, but their exit is a huge plus from a Daingean point of view.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

TRUEGAEL
Junior A

Post by TRUEGAEL »

i think daingean will beat clonmore easy and tullamore will ease past a bad shamrocks team,i think tullamore are a classy side and will push daingean in the final,but daingean will win the final because there very physical side but still a poor team,

Black Spot
Junior A

Post by Black Spot »

Only four left in the junior im a little suprised the way its gone this year .Clonmore harps what a year its being a very hungry team and wont fear Daingean now after beating them ,and also Tullamore in the group and Cappincur in the Q/f .The semi final between them and Daingean could turn into a real dog fight if Daingean dont play the football there capable of playing and put up a high score.I just think maybe Daingean have that little bit more than Clonmore and would expect them to pull through Clonmore however will be adiment to proove alot of people wrong.

Tullamore the team i fancied at the start let me down in the group stages with a few poor results come and pull off one of the results of the championship by beating last years finalists k/k im still not conveinced if tullamore were good or if K/k were bad ,i guess time will tell .I reckon they will get over shamrocks even thouh shamrocks beat them in the group but Tullamore are masters of knockout stages of the football and havve the experience to get through.
it would make for a good final Tullamore and Daingean and the way this championship has gone its a hard call.
im goin to stick by tullamore as it could be the only silverware theyl be contending for this year and will put in a huge effort.

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

Has to be Daingeans at this stage. They will be hell bent on beating Clonmore after the last day and that match could be well worth a visit. You know that Tullamore will be very competitive in the knock out stages, but DAingean should have the quality and desire to pull through in the final.

Also well done to Tubber on winning the Junior C final last Saturday. I was surprised to see a small club like Kilclonfert able to put out a second team, and they almost caused a shock. Great effort by them to keep 2 teams going.

TRUEGAEL
Junior A

Post by TRUEGAEL »

any word on the semi final dates and venues

Black Spot
Junior A

Post by Black Spot »

TRUEGAEL wrote:any word on the semi final dates and venues

Sitt havnt heard any fixtures for next weekend .. :evil: wish there was a rule that a club should get at least a weeks notice of there fixtures

Harps Man
Junior A

Post by Harps Man »

Daingean v clonmore harps next Saturday 11 @ 4 o clock in walsh island, didn't hear any other fixtures

hard2watch
Junior A

Post by hard2watch »

The clonmore harps and daingean game is now moved to ballyfore at the same time which is 4 o clock..at this stage i wish john greene the best of luck with his appeal 2nite and as a neutral i want to make a point about this.he got a straight red in the same fixture in the group stages for striking,yes he had to go and with that he should have got an automatic 4 week suspension..but no...in steps tom "the idiot" darby and decides it must be time for john to play his last ever club game for daingean by putting in what i believe to have been a savage report to the disciplinary committee..this isnt right,if it was cooney or dunne "PROPER MEN" who done this ud say they must have reason for it but for darby,who has been reported 17 different times to the county board this year to do this is a disgrace..john greene has served both club and county with pride and honour all down the years,he deserves a chance to help daingean this saturday.please give me your views on this people..

TRUEGAEL
Junior A

Post by TRUEGAEL »

i was at that game that and seen what he did and i know the chap he hit.he received 7 stitchs in his face from the belt he got,so if you think 4 weeks is enough for an act like that then fair play to you hard2watch,and he also verbal abused darby saying he would brake every bone in his body.at the end of the day we all know he is a bad ref but he was right on that day,he should have got 6 months in my opinion,and this is not the 1st time john has been in trouble he broke a young lad from ballinbrackeys jar in a challenge match should have got life for the incident.and im not from clonmore either im from a neighbouring club.good footballer but spoils it by being so dirty.