Shefflin out

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Re: Shefflin out

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

Power is a car salesman. Hes not a teacher

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

leinsterman wrote:look fifitrixiebelle whos talking about licking to kilkenny , i am a Birr and offaly man and it would give we great delight to beat the cats
in any grade of hurling. i live down in kilkenny and have my offaly flag out every year and my Birr flag out when we do well in the leinster club.

as for Brian Cody he is a great hurling man and watches many a match outside his own county, and if you never meet him you shouldn't talk s..t
about him so. as for micheal Duignan what do you want him to say that KK are lucky that they are not a good team he says it as he sees it.

when Duignan was hurling there was no love lost with kk teams . tell you something fifitrixiebelle you sound like the munster crowd now they are
the only ones that are giving out about kilkenny and Duignan.

just one more thing on Brian cody he goes to a lot of underage games in other counties as he sat down to rows in front of me in Birr in 2007
i think it was when offaly under 21s beat wexford the year Dublin beat us in the final. i know Brian cody from games in kilkenny and was also
talking to him at the game between laois and offaly in 2008 and he wasn't at that game just to see would offaly or laois worried them in the next
round his a hurling man and a gentleman sorry for the rant but i hate lads talking s..t about something they don't know about rant over.
lets see about sh1t now. First of all I know cody for some years since I lived in kk. First name terms, not a big pal nor does he ring me to ask about his selections, mind you. So dont talk crap about knowing him or not. hes at all those matches because hes interested in nothing else outside hurling. Simple, he even says he doesnt remember the last book he read. So lets not overdo the 'hes a hurling man' crap. Youre sounding like Duignan now.

So cody would love to see Offaly hurling back again now, would he? To the level where we might beat them? Youve your head up your arse if you think thats the case. A weak Leinster suits them just grand. Dont be patronised down there. Waving your flag means f**kall.

And dont give me that guff about Duignan saying it as he sees it. Farrell, Mulcahy, Loughnane all giv ethem the credit they deserve - our Michael is the only one that fawns over them like a teenager over a pop idol. And its bad for our county. And Im not talking just about being the butt of jokes in teh other hurling counties, our young lads will end up being intimidated by the very notion of kk if duignan continues with his lickarseing. Look at our 21s this year, kk hammered the sh!te out of them - a kk team that was bet up a stick by Dublin in their own back yard. Do you think Waterford or Clare would have lid down like that? They stick it up to Cork and Tipp as best they can and have bet both at minor this year. They dont have lads in their counties telling them how great Cork or Tipp are; respect maybe, fawning and lickarseing no. Thats that 'Munster crowd' (well, Clare and Waterford anyway) for you, leinsterman.

And the lads across the border you seem to be so obssessed with wont lie down in the AI either. they respect kks achievements but that wont stop them haveing a real go. It may not be enough but one thing they wont do is kiss the kk whip. As Duignan shouldnt. and neither should you - 'they all had nothing but good to say about our hurlers', motherajasus.

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

Power is a primary teacher
only the best...

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The Cats are cute.
Going by past history, Tipperary would be rubbing it in big time if they were as dominant in hurling.
They don't usually leave their opponents short of motivation to want to turn the tables.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

manfromdelmonte wrote:Power is a primary teacher
Where is he teaching? totally incorrect. St Pats isnt just a teacher training college ya know. He studied Humanities:
http://www.spd.dcu.ie/main/academic/index.shtml

Power isnt a qualified teacher. Dont mind Canning & Morrissey talking sh1te

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Bord na Mona man wrote:The Cats are cute.
Going by past history, Tipperary would be rubbing it in big time if they were as dominant in hurling.
They don't usually leave their opponents short of motivation to want to turn the tables.
We must be on the pigs back so, going by that. AI football & hurling senior next year, here we come.

Slieve Bloom Man
County player

Post by Slieve Bloom Man »

Yes Power went to St. Pat's but he did Arts there and is not a primary school teacher.

Shefflin is an amazing player and it's a pity for his sake that he'll miss the final (and for sake of viewing public not to see him.) However you would have to feel greater sympathy for the likes of Tony Browne and some of his Waterford colleagues that they don't/won't even have one senior All-Ireland medal compared to the 7 Henry has (likely to become 8). Now I know some of Waterford lads like Eoin Kelly are painful the way they go on, but Waterford offered great excitment and entertainment when they were at their peak and it is a pity that group of players didn't manage to win it in 2007. There are other examples down through the years, Ciaran Carey Limerick in the 90s. So Henry hasn't had it too bad in those terms.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Slieve Bloom Man wrote:Yes Power went to St. Pat's but he did Arts there and is not a primary school teacher.

Shefflin is an amazing player and it's a pity for his sake that he'll miss the final (and for sake of viewing public not to see him.) However you would have to feel greater sympathy for the likes of Tony Browne and some of his Waterford colleagues that they don't/won't even have one senior All-Ireland medal compared to the 7 Henry has (likely to become 8). Now I know some of Waterford lads like Eoin Kelly are painful the way they go on, but Waterford offered great excitment and entertainment when they were at their peak and it is a pity that group of players didn't manage to win it in 2007. There are other examples down through the years, Ciaran Carey Limerick in the 90s. So Henry hasn't had it too bad in those terms.

That's all well and good SBM, but more importantly are we going to get the show back on the road tomorrow against Shamrocks. We were fairly poor on Sunday morning and injuries to Steven Molloy, Liam Bergin and Brian Coughlan aren't going to help the situation.

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

looks like shefflin could line out after all cody will have a look at him tonight in training :shock:

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I think either this is bananas or he hasn't done his cruciate at all.

I think this will he won't he carry on will suit tipp. They are not going to all panic if they see Shefflin running on and it can easily be used as a motivational "they are disrespecting us bringing an injured man on for his moment of glory" type bellowing.

Also if he is unable to make the match it possibly is putting pressure on whoever would come in, although probably not in kilkenny's case.

Interesting stuff

toughtackler
Junior A

Post by toughtackler »

You can be sure Coady knows if he's going to play or not....Too cute for that at this stage!!!!He'll have a plan A,B and possibly a C!!!!

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Does anybody give a toss anymore whether Golden boy lines out or not. We will have have enough of this garbage over the coming week or so without discussing it to death on an Offaly website, for crying out loud give it a rest :x

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Remind me not to stand beside you when Offaly hurl Kilkenny next year :D :D
black and red exile wrote:Does anybody give a toss anymore whether Golden boy lines out or not. We will have have enough of this garbage over the coming week or so without discussing it to death on an Offaly website, for crying out loud give it a rest :x
Seriously though, it would be great to see him hurl on the biggest day of all, but if he lines out, an injury like that would surely play on his mind. Seemingly he trained tonight, according to attendees who were texting into Newstalk while they watched training. Richie Power is now a major doubt too, so they may feel additional pressure to start Henry. Still, I can't see Cody taking a chance unless he's right.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

power is fine but hogan went off with a v bad wrist inj, major doubt for final now. sheff stood out on his own away from contact and didnt turn at all. maybe the tipp boys will let him hurl like that. this from a kk friend who was at training

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

PAH!!! You think that's impressive?!

Check out this guy

http://www.slate.com/id/2234460
The night is darkest before the dawn