Footballers dropped?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Footballers dropped?

Post by Lone Shark »

offaly09 wrote:
lovelyhurling wrote:One question moderator..i see both sides of the editing argument but how is a forum on Wacko Jacko with trailer trash jokes in bad taste allowed run whilst this forum has been edited? Im not complaining or anything but its amazing what is edited on this.
Welcome to the GAA website where due to national coverage in match programmes and other references, as previously quoted (not by myself), cant sink so low as to name players who may or may not be suspended from the Offaly senior football panel due to such a serious crime as having a pint, but yet threads where there are accusations of child abuse are left open to a vote.

Seemingly the privelige to vote on disclosure of relevant information relating to a topic is only allowed so long as the topic is not relevant to GAA.

Yet when some feel the need to know who is suspended from the panel (not from a gossip point of view) but before they would travel to Wexford they are questioned as to their loyalty as Offaly supporters. :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jaysus....

Firstly, nobody who reads this board is going to walk away with a different opinion of Michael Jackson based on what they've read here. That's quite different to what would potentially be fresh information about players, where it has been confirmed that many people are going around out there with the wrong names in their heads.

Relevant information is fine, as long as it is clearly stated opinion or else incontrovertible and not rumoured fact - no matter how "reliable" the source may be.

As for the last line, I misread your intention, and I apologised for it - I'm not sure what you want from me?
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Lone Shark wrote: Jaysus....

Firstly, nobody who reads this board is going to walk away with a different opinion of Michael Jackson based on what they've read here. That's quite different to what would potentially be fresh information about players, where it has been confirmed that many people are going around out there with the wrong names in their heads.
Jackson's children could find this site and read the thread and find it very upsetting. You can't have it both ways

Colin H
Junior C

Post by Colin H »

what players hav been dropped?

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

Colin H wrote:what players hav been dropped?
I honestly could not tell you as that information has not been shared on this forum so we will have to wait & see.
offaly09 wrote:Seemingly the privelige to vote on disclosure of relevant information relating to a topic is only allowed so long as the topic is not relevant to GAA.
Excellent point.
Lone Shark wrote:As for the last line, I misread your intention, and I apologised for it - I'm not sure what you want from me?
I dont want anything ? As you said we will have to agree to disagree but I stand by my concerns regarding the relevance of this forum if this level of censorship continues.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

rhodeman2
Junior C

Post by rhodeman2 »

niall smith is definately gone from the panel...

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

one down, 2 to go, who can name them :)

rhodeman2
Junior C

Post by rhodeman2 »

john renolds and richie dalton but not sure if they are still in or not

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

All this talk about footballers out drinking...ive seen at least 2 more footballers than the 3 named drinkin in the last week!!
Also i dont weather the hurlers are on on a drinking ban ahead of there big game against cork next sat..but last night i saw 4 panel members out drinking...2 of them on the starting team!!!
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Colin H
Junior C

Post by Colin H »

that drinkin ban is stupid!
if niall smith is gon 4 drinkin den he was only out 4 a drink after he won de league wit gracefield last sunday..surely ders notin rng wit dat!
i hav seen offalys last 4 or 5 trainin sessions nd dey hav been flyin! surely dis wil nly be bad 4 de team as niall smith is der best midfielder nd john reynolds is a gud forward!!! :!:

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

And I seen four fellas out and about at half past ten last night :roll: . God are they not taking this serious or what :lol: . Realistically though as much as I would like for lads to be on the dry and give total comitment to the cause it is just not going to happen in our county. The standards are not there to be as professional as they could be that there is in other counties at the moment. I cant see this changing any time soon and I think that lads should not be too critical of lads that do take a drink. Also I would have no qualms with names been put out there as long as they are accurate. The responsibility of this should rely with the poster and if they are not 100% accurate then do not post it. Easier said than done but in the absence of known moderators faith has to be had in the posters to do the right thing. If not then this site will have to change.
"Ohhh mamma!"

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

the big question is should the faithful supporters be made aware if a player on the panel has been dropped and not whether they have been drinking or whatever else.rules were put in place at the start of the year and all players must have agreed to abide by them and if they are broken then it is a disciplinary matter for the management. but as an ardent follower of offaly i would like to know the names of anyone dropped or added to the panel but not particularly the reason why.

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

I think this board might need a drinking ban of its own, too many lads out drinking close to championship games. The standard of posts will suffer.
We seem to have moles in every pub in the county.