Footballers dropped?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
lovelyhurling
County player
Club: de field

Re: Footballers dropped?

Post by lovelyhurling »

One question moderator..i see both sides of the editing argument but how is a forum on Wacko Jacko with trailer trash jokes in bad taste allowed run whilst this forum has been edited? Im not complaining or anything but its amazing what is edited on this.
pull hard on your man, he's no relation

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

Hocker wrote:I heard last nite that Aidan Keeneghan & Jason Kelly were brought back into the panel from a very reliable source??

They beat Leitrim by 2 points in a challenge in Doon last nite, heard they were septic!!!
Jaysus Hocker don't be posting up names of lads that have "allegedly" been brought onto the panel. Unless of course you have this in writing? Have you not learned a valuable lesson today? :D

full2forward
Junior B

Post by full2forward »

anyone no the starting 15 and subs from that match???

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

this is just shit that is going on here .its the same as lastyear when a post about a certain player was taking down .its pollitcal correctness gone mad .so what can we discuss on this site if we cant discuss something that is going to have a huge affect on the team in wexford .we give out about the county board not having the balls to fight our corner well its seems it must have ruped off on alot of users on this site .
great history hoping for a better future

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

Ah for jaysus sake lads,this is nothing short of farcical.
Whats the problem here in all fairness???
Surely ta fook,a fella can go out for cupla jars when there's naer a sign of a match on the horizon.
Although,I know of many on here who will counter by saying that it demonstrates a lack of commitment or whathaveyou.
In the modern game it is not beneficial to the cause,but in a county like Offaly,and more importantly in a country like Ireland,these things are inevitable.
A society predicated around getting drunk lends itself to people drinking,even when its argued that they shouldn't.
I remember seeing the great Johnny Pilkington serving in his bar an hour before a league game agin' Limerick a few years back,and with cigarette in hand,knocking back cupla short wans before heading over to the pitch.
Different era,granted.
But,this sort of thing gained folklore-like status when we were winning.
However,when we are not,it seems to be cited as a root cause to our endemic problem of substandardness.
Funny how perceptions are altered when all is not rosy in the garden.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Does anyone know how long the ban is in place?
The night is darkest before the dawn

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I think it depends on how they were caught drinking. Like who caught them for a start?

Did the players say they were going round to a mate's house to watch a DVD, and the mate's Mammy came home early and caught them drinking cans?

Or was it the panel and management all decided to stay off drink for the rest of the championship, and some lads went for pints anyways?

I think the latter is worse. Sometimes however, lads go off drink and make a big deal of it but don't put in the effort after, but just blow on about how they went off drink. I prefer the lads who take a few pints but put in the extra on the day

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

we will read it all on the sunday world anyway , just wondering how many players will walk out in support of 'the guinness three'.player power might yet help us avoid the potiential mauling in wexford and save us a 6hr drive so we can get a good crowd at the hurling :!:

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

TheManFromFerbane wrote:Does anyone know how long the ban is in place?
The ban on players drinking, no idea. The ban on people putting up names, well that'll just stay in place until ye all learn to behave.... :P
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Offaly won 16 to 14, a game played at a high enough tempo, I wouldn't call them septic though!
The team that started was P Kelly, A Lon,C Evans,b darby,Neville.sully,tomas connor,super,brian connor,ken casey,slatts,sean ryan,willie mulhall,mac and niall mc. niall and slatts went off, niall appeared to be in a bad way

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

I heard our Frank Weir was called back into the panel :D

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

bracknaghboy wrote:I heard our Frank Weir was called back into the panel :D
Genuinely???

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Roscommon, Clare, Antrim/Cavan and Sligo. If any of the footballers are reading this,for the love of God lads on Saturday week will ye pull out all the stops, get over this useless Wexford side and the carrott could very well be one of the above losing provincial semi finalists which would be a very winnable game on July 11th. Can you imagine the lift winning in Wexford Park would give us all, players and supporters and with a 50/50 chance of getting one of the weak losing semi finalists we all could be singing a different tune in a couple of weeks.

Dynamite
Junior A

Post by Dynamite »

Hocker wrote:I heard last nite that Aidan Keeneghan & Jason Kelly were brought back into the panel from a very reliable source??

They beat Leitrim by 2 points in a challenge in Doon last nite, heard they were septic!!!

Isn't Aidan Keenaghan just after getting his cast off his broken arm? He was hardly training for the last few weeks?

offaly09
Junior B

Post by offaly09 »

lovelyhurling wrote:One question moderator..i see both sides of the editing argument but how is a forum on Wacko Jacko with trailer trash jokes in bad taste allowed run whilst this forum has been edited? Im not complaining or anything but its amazing what is edited on this.
Welcome to the GAA website where due to national coverage in match programmes and other references, as previously quoted (not by myself), cant sink so low as to name players who may or may not be suspended from the Offaly senior football panel due to such a serious crime as having a pint, but yet threads where there are accusations of child abuse are left open to a vote.

Seemingly the privelige to vote on disclosure of relevant information relating to a topic is only allowed so long as the topic is not relevant to GAA.

Yet when some feel the need to know who is suspended from the panel (not from a gossip point of view) but before they would travel to Wexford they are questioned as to their loyalty as Offaly supporters. :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: