des cahill takes over sunday game

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
midfield
County player

des cahill takes over sunday game

Post by midfield »

RTÉ today announced that Des Cahill is to be the new presenter of The Sunday Game.

With over 25 years experience in sports broadcasting, Des takes on the role having most recently presented RTÉ Television's mid-week GAA championship programme

The Road to Croker for the last two seasons, as well as continuing to present Drivetime Sport on RTÉ Radio 1 each weekday.

The Sunday Game, RTÉ Television's flagship GAA programme, enters its 31st season this year.

Beginning on 17 May, Michael Lyster will continue to present the Sunday Game Live while Des will take up the reins that evening on The Sunday Game.

Des Cahill said: 'As a fan of The Sunday Game for the past 30 years I'm delighted to have been asked to present the show. It's an institution, but also a show that is constantly updating and evolving and I'm glad to be part of its latest evolution.

'I enjoyed working with the young talented team on The Road to Croker and keeping in touch with the GAA grassroots, visiting clubs around the country for the last two years.

'The Sunday Game also has a vibrant, young, yet experienced production team which I'm very much looking forward to working with.

'I'm particularly delighted to take over the reins of The Sunday Game in what is a momentous year for the GAA, with the 125th anniversary celebrations ensuring that the championships will be very much centre stage this summer.'

Paul Byrnes, Executive Editor of Gaelic Games Programming, RTÉ TV said: 'Des has a natural flair for sports broadcasting and a proven affinity for gaelic games in particular.

'Throughout his career Des' passion, love and knowledge of GAA has always shone through and has resonated with fans the length and breadth of the country. We're constantly striving to update our GAA output and there's no doubt but that Des will bring a fresh approach to The Sunday Game.'

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Re: des cahill takes over sunday game

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Well Done to Des, well deserved, he knows his sport and is fair to all.
Be careful out their

Georgio1
All Star

Re: des cahill takes over sunday game

Post by Georgio1 »

Glad to see the back of snerring snide Spillane!