Sunshine supporters

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Killer B
Intermediate

Re: Sunshine supporters

Post by Killer B »

Black & Red - I think ever1's entitled to go to matches when they want. "Sunshine supporters" so what? Offaly playing in div 4, Lots of people have better things to be doin than watching crap football. Great u go to all the matches, as said ul get more enjoyment than us "sunshine supporters" when offaly win matches. :D :D :D
I just dont think its worth talking bout sunshine supporters - its like people that bring it up want special mention for going to all the matches.
P.s see u in 12 months!!!!

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

this is a stupid thread.....

If it was a case where the stadium was packed out with offaly supporters and 'die hards' couldnt get in then fine, you have a point.. .but this isnt the case, and never will be the case for Offaly. Do you think westmenath, whom outnumbered us in our own stadium, cared about there being westmenst sunshine supporters?

Sport means more to some people than it does for others... simple as.. its the same for music, hobbies,etc... welcome to human nature. For some people its a day out, for others its the culmination of a season..... horses for courses...

Phoenix Arms
Junior B

Post by Phoenix Arms »

Right so. Who was there on Saturday night?

I'll get the ball rolling.

Not me (to my eternal regret).

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

I was there and it was an embarrassment. If people didn't go becasue they thought we'd lose, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Faithful County me hole.
Esto Fidelis

brokenman
Junior B

Post by brokenman »

I was there in the terrace behind the goal and we reckoned that in the group of 6 of us there we made up half of the Offaly support in that end. Wasn't embarrassed though - too shocked/shitting myself for emabarrassment to get a look in!!

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

Well we had around 7 of us in a row, so there :P

It was such a great evening, really couldn't believe it, nobody seemed to know what had happened afterwards, only sunk in on the drive home.

durra1
All Star
Club: Durrow/Ballinamere

Post by durra1 »

I’m with Sydthebeat on this.

Some of this is holierthanthou stuff. You simply can’t be everywhere. I was at the KK game like all others there knowing were on a hiding to nothing.

For the record, I was all set to play in a tag rugby blitz in LK on Saturday and then to the match after with a few Patrickswell lads I know. Took the forbidden fruit of a free Poxygen weekend ticket instead. I’m not going to beat myself up over it. It seemed like the better choice between two equally good choices on a summer weekend.

Hats off to the few who did travel. You should certainly stick the chest out. It shouldn’t be used as a stick to beat others with tho.

You’d be better off rallying the troops this weekend and for Thursday week.

Hats off to Brendan Murphy for putting in an all nighter at work on Thursday night last. A much barated player by the fans but still going strong.

brokenman
Junior B

Post by brokenman »

Yeah good point about Murph - only heard that when i watched a replay of the match yesterday and Mulcahy said it. Ah it was an unbelievable evenin - ended up stayin in Limerick and goin demented. Only really sunk in on Sunday evenin gettin train back to Dublin when we heard the draw for next weekend. Have we heard if Horan will be ok to go on Saturday?

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

I was there along with 6 or 7 of us behind the goal. About 15 of us went down for the night out in Limerick, and the whole job! I feel ashamed to say that some of the people decided to stay in the pub to watch it!!

I remember giving Lone Shark a call at half time, who was in the uncovered stand, all he had to do was stand up, and I could spot him straight away.

The Offaly crowd there was something shocking.

We were late getting to the ground no thanks to dodgy directions. We got in when 10 minutes had passed and just coming up to the ground, we could hear something like a sarcastic laugh and we were thinking, "ah jaysus, a poksy Limerick goal", but turned out to be the handful of Offaly supporters cheering Joe's first goal.

But I still say fair play to one and all that travelled down, its game like these that the true supporters shine true.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Yep 7 of us together in the seating opposite the stand and its a night that none of us will forget until the day we die. We just seemed to walk around in a delightful daze afterwards with huge grins implanted on our faces. I wouldn't even comment on the sunshine supporters, they're not worth it.