Westmeath game

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
bula bula
All Star

Westmeath game

Post by bula bula »

Just a week away now lads so lets get it started. What is the team gonna be? Whats the best way of gettin at them? And have the bookies got it right? At the moment we are 13/8 which I think is well worth 2 euro of anyones money :mrgreen:
"Ohhh mamma!"

Hyper
All Star

Re: Westmeath game

Post by Hyper »

The team i suspect will start is
PK,GR,SS,JK,PMC(IF RECOVERED FROM INJURY)SB,NG,AMC,CNC,NS,KS,BD,TD,PK,NMC
Last edited by Hyper on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Lads, I heard a rumour from home that this game could be switched to 2.30 pm throw in? Did anyone else hear anything like that?
Shane Gavin. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Treasurer
All Star

Post by Treasurer »

azoffaly wrote:Lads, I heard a rumour from home that this game could be switched to 2.30 pm throw in? Did anyone else hear anything like that?
According to Leinster council about half an hour ago throw in is at half six. But it was a girl I was talking to and sure they know nothing.....

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

We should throw in the ball at 2:30 and play it, regardless of whether the opposition are there or not!

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

Jaysus please don't let it be so, my record of getting to games that early after the night before isn't perfect :)

And I suppose all this to suit RTE. Why don't the GAA offer this game to TV3 at the original time.
That might put manners on them.

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

Treasurer wrote:
According to Leinster council about half an hour ago throw in is at half six. But it was a girl I was talking to and sure they know nothing.....
The Leinster Council website says 6.30pm also..

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Team as above for Saturday

DD
All Star

Post by DD »

Hyper wrote:Team as above for Saturday
Any idea of the subs Hyper?

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Is KG meant to be Nigel Grennan?
Once again Hyper is the man with the inside track! :P

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Bord na Mona man wrote:Once again Hyper is the man with the inside track! :P
Roe names out the team in the dressing room!
:twisted:

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

Is it just me or is anyone else supemely confident about Saturday? I started off very nervous and extremely wary of them but the closer it gets and the more I actually think about it, I cannot see us losing this game. God, I am in for a very big fall if we do.
"Ohhh mamma!"

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

Offaly team for Sat. evening: P Kelly; G Rafferty, S Sullivan, J Keane; P McConway, S Brady, N Grennan; C McManus, A McNamee; B Darby, K Slattery, N Smith; T Deehan, P Kelleghan, N McNamee.

Confidence slowly disappearing. Seems like a very defensive minded team to me. Really do not want to get onto a mini war with these lot as that will suit them down to the ground. Reckon Paschal and Smith will drop into midfield and this area is going to be totally crowded. Only good point I see is that it will leave Niall Mac and Tommy Deehan in the prefered two man full forward line. This will only work if the other lads markers follow them out the field and leave the space for the boys to do the damage. If I am reading this wrong I would love to be corrected.
"Ohhh mamma!"

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

Does anyone know anything about the injuries to Slats and McConway ?
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

DD
All Star

Post by DD »

bula bula wrote:Offaly team for Sat. evening: P Kelly; G Rafferty, S Sullivan, J Keane; P McConway, S Brady, N Grennan; C McManus, A McNamee; B Darby, K Slattery, N Smith; T Deehan, P Kelleghan, N McNamee.

Confidence slowly disappearing. Seems like a very defensive minded team to me. Really do not want to get onto a mini war with these lot as that will suit them down to the ground. Reckon Paschal and Smith will drop into midfield and this area is going to be totally crowded. Only good point I see is that it will leave Niall Mac and Tommy Deehan in the prefered two man full forward line. This will only work if the other lads markers follow them out the field and leave the space for the boys to do the damage. If I am reading this wrong I would love to be corrected.
Darby and Slatts back into our half when we lose possession, Paschal will play on the half forward line and Smith will drop into midfield probably giving Mac the licence to get into attack.
As it's likely to be low scoring our greater abillity to create and score goals will be vital, if we can bag a goal or two we'll take them..