Offaly Jersey

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Re: Offaly Jersey

Post by Archangel »

That's Kildare in Green!! That is the jersey that the Kildare Whitestars (possibles v probables team) wear. I don't think it's available to the public though.
Offaly are due a change, makes sence as I've never seen per capita as many people wear county shirts/polos/fleeces/rainjackets etc as Offaly people.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I suspect we will be given the pinstripe jersey.
O'Neills are giving tons of counties the pinstripe jersey now.
It doesn't look great on the green, white and gold.
In my opinion anyway...

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

Bord na Mona man wrote:I suspect we will be given the pinstripe jersey.
O'Neills are giving tons of counties the pinstripe jersey now.
It doesn't look great on the green, white and gold.
In my opinion anyway...

That's the one that Oonagh Mulligan was wearing for the Offaly ladies, pictured in this weeks papers..

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

Looks ok, got a retro feel to the style. Any pictures of that model wearing it?
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Archangel wrote:Image

That's Kildare in Green!! That is the jersey that the Kildare Whitestars (possibles v probables team) wear. I don't think it's available to the public though.
Offaly are due a change, makes sence as I've never seen per capita as many people wear county shirts/polos/fleeces/rainjackets etc as Offaly people.
Ya definitley agree about offaly people wering the gear. The missus is from Clare and she is always commenting about it when she comes up saying is that all the clothes shops in offaly sell. but in fairness theres some variety of offaly o neills gear you can get. Id say the dubs dont even have as much. Last summer i was able but a pair of 3/4 lengths rafael nadal-esque shorts in tullamore. There gas altogether but very novel.

Biffo Army
Intermediate

Post by Biffo Army »

[quote="Archangel"]Image

Offaly are due a change, makes sence as I've never seen per capita as many people wear county shirts/polos/fleeces/rainjackets etc as Offaly people.[/

I have to say that Mayo and Donegal people were the worst offenders for wearing their county colours when I was in college!!! :) :)
The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

I've often enjoyed slagging some Dub friends whenever I see them wearing the white-ish version of their jersey, since Dublin never actually have to wear it (no other county has light blue in their colours). They cant seriously call it their "Away" kit since they whinge so much whenever they have to play away from Croker. :twisted:
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

The Biff wrote:I've often enjoyed slagging some Dub friends whenever I see them wearing the white-ish version of their jersey, since Dublin never actually have to wear it (no other county has light blue in their colours). They cant seriously call it their "Away" kit since they whinge so much whenever they have to play away from Croker.
Dont get me started on The Jacks!
With all of this hearspeak about Offaly jerseys,I'm reminded of numerous symbols of our county's unique heritage that are missing from the present jerseys:
The '82 crest,with the scripture cross of Clonmacnoise in the foreground of The Tower,an old Irish wolfhound and the seting sun.Twas a beauty of a representation of our proud county.
Even the Esto Fidelis crest with the faithful Lion holding the encircled cross.
These are the subtle idiosyncratic nuances which make a design unique.
Correct me if I am wrong here,but did our county board choose their own sterile crest to be printed on the jersey so that they would be entitled to an increased percentage of sales receipts?
Increased coffers aint what I am at issue with here,but rather the sheer lack of creativity or thought that is afforded for the layout of our jersey.
As an aside,if anybody is intending on going to Casement this Saturday night,I'd suggest having a gander in the O'Neills superstore just down the road from the stadium.Quite possible the most extensive array of GAA apparel and whatnot.Moreover,there's a number of clubs in Ulster that don the exact same colours as ourselves.Michael Davitt's GAC from the lower Fallls sport a jersey that is almost identical to our '85 jersey,tis a sight to be hold,and potentially a novel way of showing your support for the county.
UibhFhaili Abu.
Allez!

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

Spot on about Davitt's jersey... look http://www.davitts.org/index.php 8)
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

Phoenix Arms
Junior B

Post by Phoenix Arms »

I'll be glad to see the green sleeves making a return. not sure about the gold trim on the sleeves. Leave the trim out, or maybe make it white. Just like in the early 80s. Keep it simple, although the pin stripes might work for the (shall we say) chubbier Offaly fan(s).

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

CB voted not to change the jersey. Ridiculous, but typical!