Dublin or Meath

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
arbarg
County player

Dublin or Meath

Post by arbarg »

Whats everyones opinion on the match next sunday. Which team would you prefer Offaly to play and Why?????

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Prefer Meath, but Dublin will win.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Exactly the same. I think that while Meath are much improved, I don't think that our lads would have as much difficulty with their more orthodox attack than they would with Dublin's ludicrous fitness levels and rotation of the front six.

Sherlock back would be a huge addition to their playmaking as well.

I expect the Dubs to win by five or six this weekend.

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

i all honesty, dublin should have wrapped up the first match in the first half,,,... but they got too complacent and started shaping and saluting the crowd......

id prefer to meet meath, but i dont think that will happen....

i wouldnt mind having the opportunity to beat the dubs in their own back yard though... that would be sweet!!!

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

The Dubs should shake Meath off this time...then watch the complacency set in when they start talking up their chances of Sam again.

Jasus I'd love to beat them in Croker, love to..just love to

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

Heres my two cents,

I expect Dublin to beat Meath Well in the replay, They looked like a team caught on the hop first day out. Meaths game plan seemed to be to try and rough the dubs out of the game which almost worked. It wont work this sunday. Dublin are one of the most physical teams in the country and arguably the fittest so I expecty them to pull away in the last quarter.

Offaly are well capable of beating this Meath team, Their game against Dublin was as good as they are and I think if it came down to a battle of hearts the faithful would win out.
Dublin on the other hand are just too physical for this Offaly team. We could probably match them for the first half like last year but if the game wqas being played at a high tempo The Dubs fitness would once again pull them through (damn them anyway)
Of course we would love nothing better than to knock out the Leinster champs at HQ but I just couldnt see it. Apologies for my honest pessism
So Id deffo say bring on the royals.

Allez les faithful

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

DD wrote: Jasus I'd love to beat them in Croker, love to..just love to

be careful there DD, you sound like your having a 'kevin keegan' moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8

peter
Junior A

Post by peter »

this is like reading the gaa in the evening herald, don't underestimate meath, think they will have the better of the dubs and they are rattled from the first match.

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

Hope so Peter!!!

DD
All Star

Post by DD »

Sydthebeat wrote:
DD wrote: Jasus I'd love to beat them in Croker, love to..just love to

be careful there DD, you sound like your having a 'kevin keegan' moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8
:lol: Oops..getting carried away with myself alright... that said I think there is no greater sight in sport than a blue motionless Hill 16 when the Dubs are on their way out of the Championship..

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

its a catch 22 situation thjough isnt it,

I mean who do ya hate more the jacks(scum) or the royals(filth)

DD
All Star

Post by DD »

arbarg wrote:its a catch 22 situation thjough isnt it,

The Dubs are the only ones where I truly am delighted to see them lose, and that's despite growing up on the border of Kildare and close to Meath. Meath do have an arrogant following and Kildare fans had more know nothing JCL's than any other county in the 90's but the Dubs just turn my stomach :twisted:

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Alot of the Dub fans are scum but I wouldn't class their team as that.

As for Meath, I have huge respect and admiration for how they play football, its tough, its honest and its entertaining.
The night is darkest before the dawn

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

TheManFromFerbane wrote:

Alot of the Dub fans are scum but I wouldn't class their team as that.

As for Meath, I have huge respect and admiration for how they play football, its tough, its honest and its entertaining.
I'd be along the same lines as MFF here. I love Meath football, but there's no doubt that they have more than their fair share of "distasteful" support. one of my worst days in Croke Park was June 1999 when we went out to Meath in the first round and Ollie Murphy made hay. Was meeting up with a cousin from Meath, we tossed a coin and I lost - into the Canal End we went. He ended up offering to move at half time because the crowd around were so bad. Spitting and all sorts going on. Obviously that's not the majority, but it's a side of GAA supporters I haven't seen since.

As for the Dubs, they just have more of everything - more soccer style supporters, more bandwagonners but more genuine decent supporters as well. I love league games against the Dubs because you get the best of them usually. I'd be slow to go along with the widely held view that they have a higher proportion of scum.

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

Im sorry lads but the Allez crew are completley anti-dub after last year and the abuse we took off dubs fans on the hill.
I also remember a day against the royals LS, 2000 I think!! we were coming out of the hill and were set upon by a gang of meath fans. serious wankers, but thet are in a minority.
The dubs scum are a clear majority