Club Hurling Managers 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Club Hurling Managers 2023

Post by greenairfield »

I think the next 5 years it's going to be very open in the hurling championship with different teams winning county titles.

Than at that point you would imagine there could be years of success for KK.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Id agree with that. There is a big changing of guard in KK. Likes of Healions, Mahon, Currams etc passing onto new blood. Huge talent coming but its a big gap from minor to senior. If KK don't win either of the next 2 championships, it will be almost a brand new team in 2025 from team that did win championships. No more than Rynaghs and Shinrone struggled to win their first, Kilcormac also struggled to win one despite all their talent in the noughties. Have the KK guys in their mid 20's now got the leadership credentials or capacity that the likes of the Healions, Mahon and Slevins et al had 10 years ago because they will be the ones to carry the can in next 5 years? I have my doubts somehow....

Belmont Shinrone Rynaghs and maybe even Ballinamere will all be looking to win in the next 3-5 years and all will fancy their chances. That is not even accounting for likes of Birr and Kinnity who both appear to have some young talent on the way. It could be shared around for the next few years and I reckon there is a sting in Rynaghs also now after missing out this year. If they get back on track, their players are still young enough and good enough to win a few more.
jimbob

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Does anyone else think that the standard of senior hurling has dropped immensely?

I thought the standard in this year's championship was poor.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

Doon Exile wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:20 pm
llkj wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:13 pm I am not sure we will see a football team dominating the next 5 years. Would it shock anyone if either Tullamore or Rhode picked up 2 titles with the other team, along with edenderry and ferbane picking up at least 1 each? I would say that 3 clubs splitting the next 5 titles is more likely than Tullamore or Rhode winning them all between them in a 4-1 domination.
Define dominate- 5 in a row or 3 titles in 5 years???

I think Tullamore will be the most prominent over the next 5 years anyways and KK also given that they have such an array of young talent coming through albeit it might take them 3-4 years to step up.
Domination in a 5 year period is 4 titles.

Onionbag
All Star
Club: Durrow

Post by Onionbag »

jimbob17 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:57 am Id agree with that. There is a big changing of guard in KK. Likes of Healions, Mahon, Currams etc passing onto new blood. Huge talent coming but its a big gap from minor to senior. If KK don't win either of the next 2 championships, it will be almost a brand new team in 2025 from team that did win championships. No more than Rynaghs and Shinrone struggled to win their first, Kilcormac also struggled to win one despite all their talent in the noughties. Have the KK guys in their mid 20's now got the leadership credentials or capacity that the likes of the Healions, Mahon and Slevins et al had 10 years ago because they will be the ones to carry the can in next 5 years? I have my doubts somehow....

Belmont Shinrone Rynaghs and maybe even Ballinamere will all be looking to win in the next 3-5 years and all will fancy their chances. That is not even accounting for likes of Birr and Kinnity who both appear to have some young talent on the way. It could be shared around for the next few years and I reckon there is a sting in Rynaghs also now after missing out this year. If they get back on track, their players are still young enough and good enough to win a few more.
Yeah I have to agree.

The few lads that weren't around for Banagher last year are back, I think they will have a say.

Ballinamere is an interesting one, the football may slightly hamper them but I feel they are capable of winning one

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

On what grounds do you think B/D could win one?
They were beaten by 16 pts this year by Birr in the QF and looked well off been a county final winning team.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Ballinamere are definitely on a upward curve. Don't know if they will a county as that very difficult thing to do. Being bet as they were last year doesn't matter a whole pile if you learn from it and progress as a team. Birr got fairly hammered by kk last year , doesn't mean they couldn't win a county in 2023. Its a very close championship in offaly. Not necessarily a good one, but a competitive one.

Onionbag
All Star

Post by Onionbag »

greenairfield wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:13 pm On what grounds do you think B/D could win one?
They were beaten by 16 pts this year by Birr in the QF and looked well off been a county final winning team.
The number of County lads on team.
Burke Ravenhill Duignan Murphy.with young Ravenhill and troy to come too. Its a possibility

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Tullamore man over kinnitty for 2023 by all accounts.

Onionbag
All Star

Post by Onionbag »

Surprised there's a change there tbh

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

greenairfield wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:13 pm On what grounds do you think B/D could win one?
True…. And then Birr got beat out the gate in the semi

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Birr lost by 4 points. Not exactly out the gate :)

Anyway Birr seem to be way off it so not sure where you would think B/D are close to winning one.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Jaysus you seem to have something against B/D. Not the first time you’ve mentioned Birr hammering them. You do know teams can have a bad day which doesn’t reflect how good they actually are !!

Onionbag
All Star

Post by Onionbag »

Dodge83 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:24 pm
Jaysus you seem to have something against B/D. Not the first time you’ve mentioned Birr hammering them. You do know teams can have a bad day which doesn’t reflect how good they actually are !!
Here here, and there's no such thing as B/D...
That exists underage.
The snr hurling team is Ballinamere.
The snr football team is Durrow.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Onionbag wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:26 pm
Dodge83 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:24 pm
Here here, and there's no such thing as B/D...
That exists underage.
The snr hurling team is Ballinamere.
The snr football team is Durrow.
Correct 👍🏻