Club Football Championship 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Behindthegoal
Junior A
Club: Ballinagar

Re: Club Football Championship 2022

Post by Behindthegoal »

How long have people been saying that about edenderry? They haven’t been to a final in 7 years for a reason continuously just fold anytime it gets put up to them by Rhode Tullamore and Ferbane. It’s believe it when I see it time with Edenderry

TerraceTalk
Intermediate

Post by TerraceTalk »

Hard to not agree there, Cian Farrell or not Dunga, there is a level of naivety around where Edenderry are at the minute and their ability to win the big games

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Edenderry are under performing in my opinion. Two or three years ago they put Rhode to pin of collar in semi final, going to extra time and losing out narrowly. They got rid of that manager after a short term in charge when they appeared to be improving. They were on edge of winning it before that.

There are some club related issues in relation to other sports there that have meant some of their best players could not play senior this year. Its hard enough to win senior without trying to do so with one hand tied behind your back. They should be more competitive than they have shown in last couple of years and should be on a par with Rhode Tullamore and Ferbane.
jimbob

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Didn’t Edenderry basically ban anyone playing anoy other sports this season if they wanted to play senior football? Ridiculous if true.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Didn’t Edenderry basically ban anyone playing anoy other sports this season if they wanted to play senior football? Ridiculous if true.
Not true
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Whenever I read of Offaly GAA players not getting to play soccer, I always expect this man to pop in!

heman
Junior A

Post by heman »

No need to put the man’s picture up in all fairness .

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

heman wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:30 pm No need to put the man’s picture up in all fairness .
I'll take him down. Just in case...

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

any word on backroom additions? very quite on that front, the hurlers got their glamour appointment with maher, will the footballers get similiar?

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Martin Murphy and John Rousse selectors

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Second time that name has been mentioned on here. Its not been mentioned on any media outlet and his last interview with midlands 103 he said that his sole focus was with portarlington.

TerraceTalk
Intermediate

Post by TerraceTalk »

Offaly footballers back at it on Saturday so I hear, so surely most of the back room team in place now.
Wonder if we’ll see any new faces in? I’d like to see a bit of height in there personally, might add a different dimension to our attack.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

both were down in the FF's on Monday night. I hear Paul "Cracker"Fitzgerald is also on board. He was alongside PK and LK with Tipp. Goalie from Fethard who played with Tipp for years..

Dunga
Junior B

Post by Dunga »

TerraceTalk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:45 pm Offaly footballers back at it on Saturday so I hear, so surely most of the back room team in place now.
Wonder if we’ll see any new faces in? I’d like to see a bit of height in there personally, might add a different dimension to our attack.
I'm sure a few goalies will be brought in this time of the year with Dunican emigrating.

Behindthegoal
Junior A
Club: Ballinagar

Post by Behindthegoal »

What other goalkeeper’s is there? Will Ken Garry get a shot? He’s probably the best of the rest. Ian Duffy has been no.2 the last few years haven’t seen enough of him to know if he’s ready to step up. Chip O’Toole is worth a look at too