Minors hurlers 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Claffey
Junior A

Re: Minors hurlers 2022

Post by Claffey »

Tickets on sale now, €15 adults, U16 free https://t.co/Gyze0MDTkR

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Home coming in ‘Mount Lucas’ allegedly

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

A little snippet of what the Tipp crowd on boards think:

Sad to see Tipp worried about playing Offaly at any level; a pitch is pitch whether Nenagh, Birr, Tulllamore or Portlaois - if you're good enough, it won't matter a shite where it is played, and this is offaly for heaven's sake

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

sure theres a lad here who reckons tipp were lucky to beat clare. considering they were a man & 4 points down b4 coming back to draw it its an odd interpretation to say the least

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:19 pm A little snippet of what the Tipp crowd on boards think:

Sad to see Tipp worried about playing Offaly at any level; a pitch is pitch whether Nenagh, Birr, Tulllamore or Portlaois - if you're good enough, it won't matter a shite where it is played, and this is offaly for heaven's sake
That's a Tipperary man with an inferiority complex!

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:19 pm A little snippet of what the Tipp crowd on boards think:

Hopefully they’ll keeping thinking like that.
Doon exile....

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

I think the ticketing structure is a little bit crazy for the final.
There will be a huge amount of families travelling with kids for this game. As you cant even buy a u16 ticket you will potentially have a problem as the stands fill up if the GAA are planning to sell tickets up to or near the capacity of each stand. I have a ticket for one of the stands but i will also be bringing in two kids, so thats 3 seats being used for 1 ticket.
Its not like the GAA aren't aware of whats going to happen. There was a tsunami of kids at the game in Portlaois that probably bumped the official attendance from 12k to somewhere between 18 to 20k in reality.
Id be far happier paying a couple of euro a ticket with guaranteed access to a seat for my kids
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

i think the irsh open is on the same weekend too nearby.. an added issue.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

joe bloggs wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:32 pm I think the ticketing structure is a little bit crazy for the final.
There will be a huge amount of families travelling with kids for this game. As you cant even buy a u16 ticket you will potentially have a problem as the stands fill up if the GAA are planning to sell tickets up to or near the capacity of each stand. I have a ticket for one of the stands but i will also be bringing in two kids, so thats 3 seats being used for 1 ticket.
Its not like the GAA aren't aware of whats going to happen. There was a tsunami of kids at the game in Portlaois that probably bumped the official attendance from 12k to somewhere between 18 to 20k in reality.
Id be far happier paying a couple of euro a ticket with guaranteed access to a seat for my kids
I couldn't agree more. It is such a strange system and backward way of dealing with it. Take the Leinster final for instance, nobody has a clue how many people were at the game, or I have certainly not seen an official count that caters for adult tickets and the under 16s that attended. I have seen the number anywhere from 12-16-18 thousand, depending on who you ask.

If I want to attend the match and sit beside my 3 children I have no way of guaranteeing that before hand.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

It's also going to lead to a bananas rush to get in early which is not ideal either. I've heard anecdotally of people planning to be in the ground up to 90 minutes before throw in to get the good seats and get their kids in the middle. But then that becomes an arms race, as everyone tries to beat the rush and be early.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Unreserved seating for this game is crazy.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Would there be much interest in a minor final anyway, shur they are surely sick of winning and following a successful team?

Genuine question....would there be more than 5 or 6000 from Tipp travelling would ye think?

Plenty of stewards and people having the manners to not "hold" seats for phantom friends in the jacks.

Speaking of jacks, you'd better bring a bottle as the jacks in Nowlan park are more liable to flooding than OMP, and you could miss a good chunk of the game. Lads pissing at the walls just inside the gates the last time I was there and not near full either.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:42 pm Would there be much interest in a minor final anyway, shur they are surely sick of winning and following a successful team?

Genuine question....would there be more than 5 or 6000 from Tipp travelling would ye think?

Plenty of stewards and people having the manners to not "hold" seats for phantom friends in the jacks.

Speaking of jacks, you'd better bring a bottle as the jacks in Nowlan park are more liable to flooding than OMP, and you could miss a good chunk of the game. Lads pissing at the walls just inside the gates the last time I was there and not near full either.
I’m pissed off already.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The organisers are taking a hostage to fortune that the distance will thin out the interest. '

I was surprised at the arrangement. By all means allow children free, but make them need a ticket to give some sense that they are of monitoring what is being sold for each stand.

At the Leinster final, there was over 1,000 children who came on specially organised CB buses and it seems were just ushered in a big open gate. And probably plenty more in other big groups.
These type of walk ins weren't counted on the official attendance.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm The organisers are taking a hostage to fortune that the distance will thin out the interest. '

I was surprised at the arrangement. By all means allow children free, but make them need a ticket to give some sense that they are of monitoring what is being sold for each stand.

At the Leinster final, there was over 1,000 children who came on specially organised CB buses and it seems were just ushered in a big open gate. And probably plenty more in other big groups.
These type of walk ins weren't counted on the official attendance.

I have been to plenty of games in the last couple of years since covid struck where you had to get the free tickets online for the kids just the same as I was buying my own.
I cant figure out why they couldn't have put this in place for the final. As someone else said, arriving early to secure your seats becomes an arms race!
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean