League & Championship hurling 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: League & Championship hurling 2022

Post by greenairfield »

I think it would make sense for them to join once we scrap that parish rule of course at least anyone who wants to hurl to hurl for the most successful hurling team in Offaly could.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

That’s the problem right there. There’s too many in Birr who think any player in the parish should have the choice to play with Birr if they want. “Oh give us the best , ye can have the rest” kinda attitude. Your club is your club. It should be about pride in the jersey and club, nothing else!! Look we could go on here talking about this for a long time. The way I see it , Carrig/Riverstown & Crinkill should not have to answer to Birr on any matter. Birr were in the wrong to not inform both clubs of their decision to break away from St Brendan’s. Birr will argue they crinkill & C/R didn’t inform them of their intensions to amalgamate at adult level , but it has nothing to do with them. Birr would want to take a closer look at home , and stop playing illegal players , taking a player off Crinkill on an illegal transfer and also coaxing young players in Crinkill school (who should hurl with Crc based on where they live) to go train with Birr. I know for a fact all this has happened or is happening. That’s all I’m going to say on the matter.

Document
Junior C

Post by Document »

Look. You should hurl in the correct club,that's it. it's not soccer with all the moving around.
Every club has their catchment area and that's it, otherwise it's a free for all.

I'm sure plenty more to come out in relation to it and you wonder if Crinkill C&R join will everyone be togging for their correct team?

CRC Gaels has been very important for the kids and people. Without it a good number of kids would of slipped through the cracks and that's what it's all about. Keeping kids playing and interested in. GAA

Hopefully a good club championship to come.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Dodge you would swear it's all one way Crinkle have hurled illegal players too.
Its not like its kilkormac and tullamore its a 100 yards up the road with a ridiculous boundary.
Crinkle won't even sign certain transfer requests on legitimate players so they are actually stopping young lads from hurling they are the ones who would want to take a look at themselves.
Birr's second team beat Carrigs first last year Birr's third team were in a county final a championship Crinkle were in maybe its they who should have a look closer to home Birr are trying to promote the game.
Your comment on coaching in Crinkle school is completely ridiculous Birr have players up in the school so if they want to put in a coach to develop there players I say fair play what your saying is how dare they go up there and coach kids.
We are all from Offaly remember you sound so bitter.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Hey Greenairfield , I think you misunderstood what I said about the Crinkill school. I know the truth 😉. Let’s leave it there now good man

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Who won the Birr vs Coolderry league match yesterday? No result up on the Offaly website

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Birr won in front of large crowd think it was about 4 or 5 points in the end. Physical fast hurling.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Whose over clodaigh gaels this year?

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

private joker wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:06 pm Whose over clodaigh gaels this year?
Whoever takes over, will be battling to stay up in SeniorA, this year

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

There was definitely misinformation here earlier in the year saying Ollie Baker had taken over them.

They scored a credibe 1-19 in a game vs Coolderry (lost by 10) in the league recently. They’ve defeated Drumcullen too.

But got destroyed by Kinnitty.

Conor Langton’s availability will be a key issue for them this year.

You’d have to think the Kinnitty game will be their county final. Kinnitty going pretty well in the league though.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Birr have to all extents and purposes now reached the league final.

The Kilcormac / Killoughey vs Shinrone game in the last round in the other group is a de facto semi final.

Shinrone defeated Seir Kieran tonight 1-22 to 0-18

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

frankthetank wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:43 pm Birr have to all extents and purposes now reached the league final.

The Kilcormac / Killoughey vs Shinrone game in the last round in the other group is a de facto semi final.

Shinrone defeated Seir Kieran tonight 1-22 to 0-18
Interesting to note Shinrone have raised 20 or more white flags in 3 of their 4 games. They are Well able take a score.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

And that's without Seán Cleary and two Sampsons from their front eight, which is impressive.

And thanks, ftt, for your coverage. Much appreciated here.
frankthetank wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:47 pmInteresting to note Shinrone have raised 20 or more white flags in 3 of their 4 games. They are Well able take a score.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

frankthetank wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:41 pm There was definitely misinformation here earlier in the year saying Ollie Baker had taken over them.

They scored a credibe 1-19 in a game vs Coolderry (lost by 10) in the league recently. They’ve defeated Drumcullen too.

You’d have to think the Kinnitty game will be their county final. Kinnitty going pretty well in the league though.
I believe Columba Mc Dermott, is SH manager for Clodiagh Gaels this year. The aim is to retain Senior A this year. They are aiming to win at least one championship game, and possible get another victory.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

SearingDrive wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:50 pm
frankthetank wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:41 pm There was definitely misinformation here earlier in the year saying Ollie Baker had taken over them.

I believe Columba Mc Dermott, is SH manager for Clodiagh Gaels this year. The aim is to retain Senior A this year. They are aiming to win at least one championship game, and possible get another victory.
In what games do Clodiagh Gaels aim to pick up those victories?