League & Championship hurling 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Dodge83
All Star

Re: League & Championship hurling 2022

Post by Dodge83 »

I seen an article about it online on offalyexpress.ie , and Kevin Corrigan would want to check his facts because I know for a fact what he wrote is misleading, it makes it look like Carrig /Riverstown & Crinkill broke away from St Brendan’s but this is not true.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Just to be clear.
1. Decided at birr agm not to enter u20 as st brendans.
2. Did not tell the other two clubs that they would not be taking part.
3 objected to the two clubs forming a team
4. Withdrew objection.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

private joker wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:11 pm Just to be clear.
1. Decided at birr agm not to enter u20 as st brendans.
2. Did not tell the other two clubs that they would not be taking part.
3 objected to the two clubs forming a team
4. Withdrew objection.
Yep that’s the way I see it too

Document
Junior C

Post by Document »

Terrible bad article. Really doesn't report on how it all came about . Bad form from Birr and if we are concerned about comments here having an influence on things then how much influence does a completely one sided article have. ?

Also saying it's only under20 and not that important..maybe it is to the players and taking away their opportunity to hurl at that level is a crap thing to do after 40 odd years or however long..
Fair play to Carrig and Crinkill for entertaining a team and even if it's only one game they play best of luck to them.

Also I really hope that Birr have not objected to CRC as a club in general and that was just mixed up in the under 20 situation.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

No In fairness I don’t think they objecting to Crc Gaels, only the U20 setup. Crc was objected to when it was formed but the ruling went in their favour.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

There was no dialogue from the Birr club simply because there was no dialogue over the last year or so from Crinkle when they were trying to form with Carrig at adult level.
Even though I know Birr approached them previously to come talk to them about an amalgamation, considering they are in the Birr parish and want to join with a club in Tipperary the far side of Birr I think it's fair Birr should of being brought into them discussions but it wasn't the case.

Why did Crinkle not have the respect and come to the table with Birr simply because a handful of people who hold grudges and really don't have there best interest at heart -please bare in mind relations were good between the two clubs at this point.

Crinkle is in the Birr parish but want to join Carrig and somehow hold a boundary at the same time in the town.Christ lads do you want us to give up anything else ??

As previously mentioned Birr have a lot of good professional business people involved in the club they objected for a valid reason it certainly wasn't to stop young lads hurling they only done it trying to cement the future of the club

I would be happy for Crinkle and Carrig to join at all levels but there has to be parish rule you can't have it every way.

I think certain posters have an agenda against bigger clubs when it comes to things like this when really they should look at who's pushing the decisions from all sides you will soon realise who is trying to call it as it is.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Well that's an interesting view. Surprised birr would give up their name and colours to form an amalgamation with crinkle. What would the club be called out of interest?

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

They never came to talk to Birr so they didn't get to that.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

private joker wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:48 pm Well that's an interesting view. Surprised birr would give up their name and colours to form an amalgamation with crinkle. What would the club be called out of interest?
Exactly !! There’s no way Birr would give up their name or colours and amalgamate with Crinkill. It would simply be a takeover. And why would crinkill & Carrig consult birr about an amalgamation? It’s got absolutely nothing to do with them 😂

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

So here we have it Birr approached Crinkle about joining they go and talk to Carrig and don't bother their hole to even to go speak to Birr on their interest of joining with them while speaking to Carrig BUT Birr are wrong to not tell them about going on their own at U20 level :lol: :lol: :lol: ...while on top of this it's a "take over" dodge I'd love to meet you and have a proper chat with ya.
You come across like a bitter man.
I told you everything was on the table if you want to guess what that was going to look that is your choice.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

I’m not a bit bitter 😂. I know the truth 👍🏻

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Think the point you are missing is that the u20 st brendans team was on the go for best part of 50 years? Crinkle and birr are two separate entities. Crinkle can go talk to who ever they wish. But when you are already part of somthing, it's a little disrespectful to opt out without telling the other two who only found out the Sunday morning before enteries were due that birr were opting out of a long established team.

This should sharpen carrig and crinkle minds about turning CRC into one club from juvenile to adult.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Let them off I am sure they will be a strong team going forward :shock:

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Div 2 and senior b if they did.

Document
Junior C

Post by Document »

Would Crinkill need permission from Birr to seek to join with another team or would Carrig need Birr permission if they looked to join another team.?. As Carrig is also in the parish. I assume Rock lane and Rivers town is where It meets and kind of joins the two clubs?

Birr fielded three adult teams last year and from memory had 13 or 14 subs on Junior B county final day.
Carrig fielded two teams with I believe 3 subs on the junior B final day.
Crinkill fielded one team at adult level and numbers were tight.
Crinkill and Carrig joining could result in three adult teams possibly. It could be an interesting prospect.