New motion to protect boundaries

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Dodge83
All Star

New motion to protect boundaries

Post by Dodge83 »

Has anyone any thoughts or comments on the motion to protect club boundaries which was passed at the County Convention during the week ?

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: New motion to protect boundaries

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

I think it is the right way to go, and particularly from a club like Cappincur. It is down to the county board implementing this into the future now or will be meaningless.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

I agree. Too many small clubs in the county and no doubt around the country losing players and it will only lead to clubs struggling to put out teams and ultimately folding or having to amalgamate. I understand this is a big issue for Crinkill , with young players going to Birr instead of playing with Crc Gaels. Hopefully the county board enforce it.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Dodge83 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:34 pm Has anyone any thoughts or comments on the motion to protect club boundaries which was passed at the County Convention during the week ?
Sorry but what was the motion?
Doon exile....

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

CRC gaels at juvenile is working fairly well. The most natural and urgent next step is to to do the same at adult. Crinkle recognise this urgency, do carrig?

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

private joker wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:06 am CRC gaels at juvenile is working fairly well. The most natural and urgent next step is to to do the same at adult. Crinkle recognise this urgency, do carrig?
From what I hear talks about an amalgamation at adult level are at an advanced stage but not sure how true that is. It’s the most logical thing to do for both clubs

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Doon Exile wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:48 pm
Dodge83 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:34 pm Has anyone any thoughts or comments on the motion to protect club boundaries which was passed at the County Convention during the week ?
Sorry but what was the motion?
https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/home/ ... assed.html

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Has the catchment area of all clubs been settled by the County Board ?

If they have are there maps and or lists of townlands held by the County Board ?

I know of at least one townland where players from it have played for different clubs albeit with a generally accepted point on the road dividing the 2 clubs==

Also where for years players from an area played with a club and later a new club was formed in that area does the traditional club have any right to register lads from that area especially where a family were deeply embedded in the old club ?

I wish the "JUDGES" well when it comes to deciding========

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

ryot wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:33 am Has the catchment area of all clubs been settled by the County Board ?

If they have are there maps and or lists of townlands held by the County Board ?

I know of at least one townland where players from it have played for different clubs albeit with a generally accepted point on the road dividing the 2 clubs==

Also where for years players from an area played with a club and later a new club was formed in that area does the traditional club have any right to register lads from that area especially where a family were deeply embedded in the old club ?

I wish the "JUDGES" well when it comes to deciding========
Not sure of the rules if a new club is formed but I’d imagine most clubs have their boundaries drawn out and available if the county board need them. Players should play for the club in their catchment area. There should be no exceptions. The small clubs are losing out when the rules are not followed. I think we all know of a certain big club in the county who don’t seem to follow these rules