Offaly 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Re: Offaly 2022

Post by Buttons »

Talking about all our resources is there an update on Cian Johnson, he seems to have had an injury for a long time now, anyone know much about this, have heard a few conflicting stories.

Also any update on Cian Farrell, had he a serious injury?. Footballers going to be without a few for league.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Offaly footballers are home to Cork in the NFL on weekend of 30/31/January 2022. Offaly hurlers are away to Galway in the NHL on Sunday 6th February 2022.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

SearingDrive wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:32 pm Offaly footballers are home to Cork in the NFL on weekend of 29/30 January 2022. Offaly hurlers are away to Galway in the NHL on Sunday 6th February 2022.

Faithful Future
Junior B

Post by Faithful Future »

2022 - for the first time in years we are facing into a new year with a renewed sense of optimism. No doubt 2022 is likely to be less fruitful in terms of promotion and all Ireland honours but we can look to the next 3-5 years with a little bit more hope.

Div 2. Football league will be different gravy here for us, particularly with a couple of players unavailable for different reasons.

Its fair to say we will be underdog for every game but if we can get a win and a couple of draws we are in with a shout of hopefully staying up and building on this.
From the u20s team this year I would see Rory Egan & Cathal Donoghue as physically ready for that level while the likes of Cathal Flynn and Jack Bryant are well worth slotting in. I think Flynn oozes class and can be a really important player for controlling our play - hopefully he can stay injury free.

I've been really impressed with Furlongs composure and I think we have a real quality footballer on our hands there but he has a couple of years u20 to go yet and I think it's important we don't rush the likes of Furlong & Cormac Egan.

I do think the addition of several more of the u20 team onto the senior squad will add a new lease of life to things. Winning is a habit.

On the hurling front, we are really up against it in the league. Limerick, Galway and Cork are operating on another level but it will be interesting to see how the lads fare against the work-rate of Wexford and Clare. They will learn a lot from this.

A successful year in hurling would undoubtedly be staying up in div 1 and winning the Joe McDonagh. With Antrim, Kerry and Meath in there with us I think it will be very difficult to call. What I do hope for the hurling is to see a bit more continuity. For many years we have had a high turnover of players and it is difficult to build a team with this.
Any feedback I have heard in relation to the management team has been nothing other than top class, so hopefully that will help with player retention and encourage a few more players to come in.

I think key to the success of our teams next year is that everyone gets behind them. There are certainly going to be difficult days but there is light at the end of the tunnel for Offaly and we have to get out and proudly support our teams.

feirmeoir
Intermediate

Post by feirmeoir »

has Shane Horan opted out

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

feirmeoir wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:35 am has Shane Horan opted out
Apparently yes it seems although didn’t see anything official
Doon exile....