Football Leagues 2021

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offaly101
Junior B

Football Leagues 2021

Post by Offaly101 »

The first of the football league finals take place this weekend with the Div 2 Div 4 and Div 5 finals on Saturday and Sunday

In Div 2, Clonbollogue take on Tubber in Daingean
Clonbollogue beat Daingean and Ballycommon and lost to Erin Rovers but topped the group while Tubber won all 3 of their games beating Walsh Island Ballycumber and Raheen. For me I think Tubber will win this one although Clonbollogue are a very good side also but i just feel that Tubber have the edge here.
In Div 4, Clara take on Ballinagar in Cappincur
Clara rather convincingly won all 3 of their league games beating Clonmore Harps Bracknagh and Daingean while scoring a combined 15-59 across the 3 games. Ballinagar also won all 3 of their games beating Ballyfore Durrow and Shamrocks. Although this is Claras second team they have still got a good few players who have played senior over the last few years and some young players who will be pushing to get a place on the Senior B team for this year. Ballinagar seem to be a young side who are looking good also with players such as Morgan Tynan who is playing midfield for Offaly u20. Im going with Clara here though as i think the experience within their team will be the deciding factor
In Div 5, Tubber take on Gracefield in Rhode
i dont know much about this one but im going to go with Tubber as I believe they have a certain Ciaran McManus on the team

SearingDrive
All Star

Re: Football Leagues 2021

Post by SearingDrive »

Offaly101 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:24 am The first of the football league finals take place this weekend with the Div 2 Div 4 and Div 5 finals on Saturday and Sunday

Clonbollogue beat Daingean and Ballycommon and lost to Erin Rovers but topped the group while Tubber won all 3 of their games beating Walsh Island Ballycumber and Raheen. For me I think Tubber will win this one although Clonbollogue are a very good side also but i just feel that Tubber have the edge here.
Clara rather convincingly won all 3 of their league games beating Clonmore Harps Bracknagh and Daingean while scoring a combined 15-59 across the 3 games. Ballinagar also won all 3 of their games beating Ballyfore Durrow and Shamrocks. Although this is Claras second team they have still got a good few players who have played senior over the last few years and some young players who will be pushing to get a place on the Senior B team for this year. Ballinagar seem to be a young side who are looking good also with players such as Morgan Tynan who is playing midfield for Offaly u20. Im going with Clara here though as i think the experience within their team will be the deciding factor
i dont know much about this one but im going to go with Tubber as I believe they have a certain Ciaran McManus on the team Did he once play for Offaly?

Offaly101
Junior B

Post by Offaly101 »

SearingDrive wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:47 pm
Offaly101 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:24 am The first of the football league finals take place this weekend with the Div 2 Div 4 and Div 5 finals on Saturday and Sunday

i dont know much about this one but im going to go with Tubber as I believe they have a certain Ciaran McManus on the team Did he once play for Offaly?
I believe he might have :D

Offaly101
Junior B

Post by Offaly101 »

Tubber beat Clonbollogue by a goal on a scoreline of 1-9 to 0-9 in the Division 2 league final. A close encounter and said to be an enjoyable game to watch by those i spoke with who were at it. Ciaran McManus made an appearance off the bench still going strong at 46 years of age.

In the Division 4 League final, Clara beat Ballinagar 1-17 to 1-09. Ballinagar started brilliantly and had Clara on the ropes for most of the half but the introduction of some experienced players and some players who will most certainly be playing Senior B football this year turned the game on its head.

Tubber done the weekend double by claiming the Division 5 League beating Gracefield 6-12 to 4-07