Shane Lowry - Official topic

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Shane Lowry - Official topic

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Shane Lowry in the Irish Open...
-14 after 16 holes on Day 2 and in the lead by 1 shot.
Great going by the Offaly man.

Lets hope he keeps it going all weekend! Being an amateur, he can't collect any money of the €3million prize fund though.
Last edited by Bord na Mona man on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dynamite
Junior A

Re: Shane Lowry in the Irish Open

Post by Dynamite »

Fair play to him. Finished day 2 with a 62 and is -15. 2 Shots clear of the field.

Hocker
All Star

Post by Hocker »

Many congratulations to Shane Lowry, what a great win....
I just spent all day glued to the box watching it!!
He did his himself and his whoole family proud!
And to make it all the better, I put 10Euro each way at 66/1 on him on Thursday :D :D :D
835Euro better off, a nice way to start the week!! :lol: :lol:

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

well done shane on a great win .not much of a golf fan but when hes from the county you find yourself shouting at the telly .lets hope its the start of great career for him .
great history hoping for a better future

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

Absolutely delighted for the lad. Thought he was going to throw it away but really deserved it. Sporting highlight of the year for me. Gripping stuff.
"Ohhh mamma!"

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

exiting stuff ,especially the play off holes, well done to him ,he will have a bright future in the sport,is he micks or brendans son

keephercountry
Junior B

Post by keephercountry »

absoulutley brilliant
I overheard a conversation "his father played football for Offaly " :idea: is he a son of Brendan lowery :?:
If he is hes bound to be class :D

Silken Thomas
All Star

Post by Silken Thomas »

red exile wrote:exiting stuff ,especially the play off holes, well done to him ,he will have a bright future in the sport,is he micks or brendans son
keephercountry wrote:absoulutley brilliant
I overheard a conversation "his father played football for Offaly " :idea: is he a son of Brendan lowery :?:
If he is hes bound to be class :D
He is Brendan's son. Brendan being married to a Clara cailín. Clara even had the cheek to ask Brendan to transfer many moons ago :D

Fair play to the boy himself though, has outshone his illustrious father at such an early age.
Most football fans of the County though will be disappointed it's golf though :D

Was that 'Shaper' Reynolds caddying or are my eyes deceiving me :D :!: :D :?:
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Dynamite
Junior A

Post by Dynamite »

Yeah, Shaper has been his caddy for a while now.

Obviously half of Clara was up in Baltray today, but the support from Offaly in General was phenomenal. Every time i turned around I saw an Offaly jersey, jacket or umbmrella.

Fair play to him, it's a massive win for him!

beirut
All Star

Post by beirut »

Not a big golf fan either, never mind watching it, but as the lads already said was glued to it, like all Offaly sports people, kept us on the edge of our seats until the final whistle/hole... as he was walking down to the 18th all you could here was "Go on Clara", "Up Clara", "Yup"... :D

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Have been following him down under.

Well done Shane, did Ireland and Offaly proud!!

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Great win By Lowry, his father said that it was better than wining 20 All Ireland's?
Be careful out their

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Fair play to Shane. I didn't even have money on him and I was jumping around the sitting room when he sunk the last one. Great day for Clara, Offaly and a real boost for Ireland in general. Great story.

If you were him would you turn pro now?
The night is darkest before the dawn

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

Having been involved with Club Golf for a long time, I remember maybe 7/8 years ago getting my ears burned off being told stories about this young lad out of Esker Hills by the then Club Secretary & Captain, Liam Boland and Paddy Murphy. There's great pride in seeing young lads doing well, when you have had some hand in helping in progressing their careers it's a great feeling. Arriving at my home club Castle Barna for my round, the whole club was a buzz over the prospects of young Lowry.
It was great to see a lad from our neighbour club doing what we all knew he was capable of for years. As long as the backslappers don't get in his way, I hope he enjoys his win and makes the right decisions for his career.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

crossbar
Junior B

Post by crossbar »

Just like to add to the chorus of congratulations to shane! I was in Baltray yesterday the tension was unbelievable! Was great to see the crowd for his homecoming last night also! Ricey Scully was on the mike and he asked shane to say a few words. After thanking a few people he said "As most of ye know I missed out on the half a million so all free drinks will be greatfully accepted" - Classic!!