Offaly vs Louth 2021 Leinster Football Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
FerbaneInsider
Junior A
Club: Ferbane

Re: Offaly vs Louth 2021 Leinster Football Championship

Post by FerbaneInsider »

summerindublin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:30 pm
Fairplayalways wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:36 pm a great keeper for sure and his positioning and distribution is top class..just no need to come up for every single free...
a good keeper alright but his long kick outs have been killing us especially in the last 2 games, never seems to find an offaly man, we are put under pressure straight away by giving away the ball, when he goes short we seem to be fine, just my opinion. I also agree that we do need him to come up for frees or 45's, he misses more that he gets, Farrell should be given the chance to get his confidence up and running.
These are probably our two biggest issues that need to be solved if we want to beat Kildare. Both issues really should have been addressed by now, going long on kickouts has been a shambles for the last few games and it’s amazing to me that we still don’t have a reliable free taker on the whole panel. Could Niall Darby take them off the ground?

Sur lookit
Senior

Post by Sur lookit »

Why don't we get Cian Farrell to come back and take the kick outs when going long , and leave Paddy with the frees? :roll: :roll:

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

LOL Cian Farrell going back to take kick outs :D What I see is Cian Farrell relatively new on panel and has ball hand, looks over his shoulder and Paddy Donegan is on his way, watch Farrells body language as he drops the ball kind of behind himself and bows head bowed..Cian Farrell well capable of taking these frees and getting himself invovled in the game..I think he should take a stand and let Paddy D run back to goal..Cian Farrell looks very half hearted handing over the ball and for some there is no need to bring Donegan up at all...he is good I will give im that..but most inside 30/35 yds let Cian Farrell take and get a bit of a buzz going himself which is only good in a fowrward line...

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Maybe unwisely, I couldn't help checking Twitter while watching the Gaago stream which was about a minute behind.
So I was either annoyed or reassured seconds before something happened.
It probably saved me agony at the end of normal time when Mulroy's shot looked too close for comfort.

When Louth knocked over 4 points in a row before half time I thought it was trouble. It was to Offaly's credit that the players stuck at it various times when Louth were on top. People might say there were lucky moments at times in the game, but you often create your own luck. For Panda's goal, had Offaly not quickly pressurised a poor kickout, the ball wouldn't even have been in the danger area to start with.

Sur lookit
Senior

Post by Sur lookit »

"I think he should take a stand and let Paddy D run back to goal.."

Why would he do that , free taking is sorted out pre match at u14 level, if Paddy's on them , then he's on them. I don't agree with it and agree that all things being equal, Cian F is as reliable a freetaker as Paddy....but my opinion doesn't count.