All ireland hurling semi final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Liam2020
Senior
Club: Kinnity

All ireland hurling semi final

Post by Liam2020 »

Interested in people's opinion on G heggerty tackle on Joe Canning, to me it was a red card but also he should have been yellow carded for persistent fouling also, he had at 8 fouls.
Did K Hayes not run half the pitch with the ball in his hand??
Even a gillane tap on the Galway keeper could have been deemed a strike with the hurl, I think it was stupid and a yellow card.
Limerick are a great team but to me they are getting away with tackles all year.
G heggerty is probably hurdler of the year but he lucky he is not suspended for the final.

private joker
All Star

Re: All ireland hurling semi final

Post by private joker »

Red card 100%

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Did Gearoid Hegarty really concede 8 frees or is that hyperbole?

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Liam2020 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 pm Interested in people's opinion on G heggerty tackle on Joe Canning, to me it was a red card but also he should have been yellow carded for persistent fouling also, he had at 8 fouls.
Did K Hayes not run half the pitch with the ball in his hand??
Even a gillane tap on the Galway keeper could have been deemed a strike with the hurl, I think it was stupid and a yellow card.
Limerick are a great team but to me they are getting away with tackles all year.
G heggerty is probably hurdler of the year but he lucky he is not suspended for the final.
The Joe Canning strike was a foul, the mark on Joe’s back was clear to all on tv. The goalkeeper foul on Eanna Murphy’s shoulder area was a stupid thing to do. Strictly speaking it was a foul, the keeper went down holding his lower back though. A little dramatic, part of the game now unfortunately. It’s all in the past though.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

I would also agree with the OP.

I have never seen a single player try to pull off a hook in the way Hegarty swung his hurl.

On Kyle Hayes too I couldn't believe the amount of steps he was getting away with. He was like Usain Bolt. It left the Galway defenders with little choice but to foul him by putting an arm across or let him go. In fairness to the ref in the Waterford game he pulled up the wing back a couple of times for the same stunt.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

I actually dont think Kyle Hayes was fouling the ball. It’s just that he uses a a running style more suited to track & field than hurling when moving. For a hurler it’s unorthodox but I feel he’s on the border of fouling the ball but not actually doing it. Callum Lyons from Waterford uses the same style.

Also, I’m still awaiting the OP to confirm that Gearoid Hegarty conceded 8 frees in the match?