Severe lack of Offaly O’Neills Gear on website

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Severe lack of Offaly O’Neills Gear on website

Post by mynamesjeff »

Does anyone know there is very little gear on the O’Neills online shop for Offaly compared to basically every other county?
Especially in terms of leisurewear. With Christmas in the next month and all that...
They’d want stuff for the big man with the red suit.

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Re: Severe lack of Offaly O’Neills Gear on website

Post by mynamesjeff »

This is very frustrating coming up to the time of year where parents, etc would be buying stuff for Christmas.
There hasn’t been much on the Offaly page all year long in the line of the leisure ranges that all the other counties had.
One of two things is happening:
1. The county board are changing the supplier of gear to our county teams. But surely there’d be money off on the gear up on the site if that was the case.

2. They’re missing out big on taking in a percentage of the money that O’Neills receive for county ranges.

I know of many other frustrated parents/family members who’d only love to be able to get an Offaly halfzip, hoodie, polo for their kids/nieces/nephews/family members for secret Santa and the likes.

A month out from Christmas, hopefully bits can be added to the shop in time. There is definitely demand for it. That I am certain of.

As of earlier today, Galway had 77 items on their O’Neills page.
Offaly had 36.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Not sure of exact reason but low availability is caused by low demand.

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

private joker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 pm Not sure of exact reason but low availability is caused by low demand.
Low availability?
They have them all pre made and just stitch a crest and sponsor on them. They’ve stock colours, and Offaly would be the same as Kerry, Donegal, Leitrim and Meath in that regard.

Low demand?
Nonsense. There’s plenty of demand, just not for what’s currently on the Offaly O’Neills page.
Last edited by mynamesjeff on Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Its not as simple as sticking on a crest.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I have noticed long before the post was raised here the lack of gear on the shop online.no doubt even though it is O'Neills gear, they (O'Neills) probably charge the county board for the online shop facility and no doubt being Offaly the charge is deemed too high or something by the CB...probably not the case but nothing would surprise me, one would imagine being online there would be no shortage of gear, especially for the younger folk...

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

Are ya on commission 😜?
Ah I’m not going to lie, it’s extremely disappointing.
Considering sports shops (it must be said, poorly stocked in Offaly stuff) are closed.
Also, there’s nothing of note on Lifestyle/Elverys, etc online.

From going to matches and seeing people, from old to young, there certainly is a demand for Offaly apparel. This conversation has come up among a good few people via WhatsApps, etc in the last few days. Personally speaking, I’d sooner be getting Offaly (and club) gear for the kids/godchild than feckin Liverpool bits, or worse again, Chelsea or Man U!
private joker wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 am Its not as simple as sticking on a crest.
It kinda is. Stitching the crest and sponsor.
Jerseys ate different. I’m on about leisurewear.

Most counties have above 55, 60 items on their pages.
Donegal have 109.
A good few have more than 70.

We’ve 36, including face masks and teddy bears!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

mynamesjeff wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:11 pm
private joker wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 am Its not as simple as sticking on a crest.
It kinda is. Stitching the crest and sponsor.
Jerseys ate different. I’m on about leisurewear.

Most counties have above 55, 60 items on their pages.
Donegal have 109.
A good few have more than 70.

We’ve 36, including face masks and teddy bears!
The Lusmagh section has 53!
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

1. Does anyone else find the O'Neills gear big fitting? A medium (non tight fit) jersey is like a parachute. Same with some of their leisurewear.

2. Here's some O'Neills gear available on the Elverys site that's not available on the O'Neills site.

https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elver ... faly/c/563

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Lads use the Christmas break to get up off yer arses, get in shape and make it onto one of the county panels in January (hurling or football........both if you are really good). You'll get as much county gear as you can handle then.

Please don't respond with excuses..."oh I'm too fat", "oh I'm too old", "I can't run due to my ED medication" etc. etc. We've heard them all before.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

I see a new Offaly jersey is on the way according to the Offaly section of the O’Neills website.

I’m surprised by this as in the recent past we have allowed our jersey to complete a 3 year cycle and then change. The current iteration has only done 2.

Anyways hopefully it will be released (along with the alternative jersey) in time for the Christmas shoppers.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

frankthetank wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:09 pm I see a new Offaly jersey is on the way according to the Offaly section of the O’Neills website.

I’m surprised by this as in the recent past we have allowed our jersey to complete a 3 year cycle and then change. The current iteration has only done 2.

Anyways hopefully it will be released (along with the alternative jersey) in time for the Christmas shoppers.
Not the C word in early October.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

SearingDrive wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:30 pm
frankthetank wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:09 pm I see a new Offaly jersey is on the way according to the Offaly section of the O’Neills website.

Not the C word in early October.
Two months to Christmas!
Vote early and vote often

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »