Live Streaming of Club Matches

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Geansai Gorm
Senior
Club: Ballycommon

Live Streaming of Club Matches

Post by Geansai Gorm »

As I've only seen a couple of game so far, I am impressed by the offering and especially with the Rd.2 games scheduled to be streamed. They are even going to Tier-3, Intermediate Football matches, which shows great support to clubs like mine. Hope they keep it up and spread the coverage.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Re: Live Streaming of Club Matches

Post by Buttons »

I watched one of the football games midweek and was really impressed, a fantastic service and had no issues, being picky the scoreboard was wrong for a long period but not a big issue.

Today i said i would get the Banagher and Ballinamere game, a great game up to the first water break, i was getting error 502, 503. couldnt get logged back in for at least 10 minutes so by that stage a lot had happened and it was in injury time, second half was ok but got this video cannot be played error code 232001 on four occasions one of which occured a couple of minutes from the end.

I have fiber broadband in case anyone is thinking that, not sure if it was just me or did others have issues.

Geansai Gorm
Senior
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Geansai Gorm »

I got in a couple of games last week and I believe the service is location dependent, not the service provider issues. Streaming relies on a reliable upload from the site, and therein is the variable. One gane on 247.tv was great, another was iffy, and I saw another 2 more on facebook stream, where on was great and the other poor.
I was live at a match on Monday, and saw a game every day since, either 247.tv, facebook or RTE /TG4
I know people from Chicago, Brisbane, London, Dubai and Thailand saw one particular match. Hard to beat that, even if the coverage was sketchy!

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

yesterday Rynaghs V Ballimamere was the first time I had any issues with that dammed error code, missed Rynaghs second goal and 3/4 point upto injury time in first half..impressed with the coverage overall, getting the score board wrong is a little annoying as it is left wrongfor so long you are watching the venue scoreboard to make sure...for a €5 per game its great value, I hope they dont get greedy now and up it, will they leave it after the Covid has gone I wonder, I know it was here before it but most people I know using it seem to have really only took it up since the lockdown etc..scoreboard aside and the glitch yesterday if not going t happen every match, Ime giving a 10/10..

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

I don’t really like bringing up old threads but does anyone know if you can buy a season pass to watch the games online, I think it was 50 euro last year.

Would be great to advertise now as so much feel good around the county so would expect high numbers. I would love to get in and watch but with so few tickets feel I will miss out.