Senior A and B Hurling Championships 2020

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Keyser Soze
Intermediate
Club: S Club 7

Re: Senior A and B Hurling Championships 2020

Post by Keyser Soze »

This connected to the assault on their manager last year?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

No. Or at least I very much doubt it.
Keyser Soze wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:40 pm This connected to the assault on their manager last year?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

If he was struck by his own or any player, like Harry Ryan with Liam Fennelly as outlined above, the referee should have sent off the player that struck him, did his own player push or jostle him now or actually "hit" him...if he was hit, I would find it strange a refereee would not see it/find out through his umpires or lines men....I wasnt at the game obviously so just going by the way the radio reported it (didnt see it live) the 5pm throw ins codded me I thought all week they were 6pm...

it wasnt a nice end to the year for him or Coolderry whom I have great time for hurling wise, I hope its not the end of his career now at club level...

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Anyways, onto the semifinals in 2 weeks:

Belmont V Kilcormac...I think Belmont will give this a real go, and in ways will be happier to have avoided Rynaghs and maybe even Birr (who seem to be on song at the moment) Kilcormac are a bit like Rynaghs, playing well enough to win their matches but leaving plenty of questions too to be answered...Belmont have done what they have had to do to get to their semi final (is this their 4th in a row??)

They lost to Rynaghs which was their only "big" team game so far, that kind of worries me, no disrespect to Shinrone or Balliamere but Belmont would fancy themselves to beat either.

Kilcormac seem to "know how to eek out a win" or a result...I am going for Kilcormac here by 2/3 points...I just dont think Belmont will get enough of a game together to beat KK..Kilcormac 1-19 Belmont 1-17

Birr V St. Rynaghs...like KK above, Rynaghs while probably hurling a tad better than KK, seem to do enough to win their games...that said, they seem to have won in their minds and drift off somewhere else allowing the opposition keep the door open (Belmont/Ballinamere/Shinrone games) Their forwards are scoring decent returns, we wont mention the wides tally...Denfensively very sound and that is 50% of their winning of games....

Birr, let Kilcormac off the hook in round 1, but have done all they needed to do, and impressively too in last 2 games...peope say "Birr will win nothing, they have nothing coming through" while I dont follow the underage thing religiously, they have a number of what I think are good young hurlers both on the team and comming along, so I think the "nothing coming along" is bit harsh...

THey are scoring well, confidence is surely high and the revenge of last years county final must be motivating them now they are in a semi final...I think Birr might be hitting form at the right time, I think they might have enough to edge Rynaghs here...I am going for Birr to win...Birr 1-20 St. Rynaghs 0-20...

the problem for Birr then is if they get over Rynaghs, they have to sych themselves up for a final against KK going on my predictions..thats two tough asks..but thats what they have to do if they want to reclaim Sean Robbins..

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Headbutt apparently, major issues in Coolderry both on and off the field.

Keyser Soze
Intermediate

Post by Keyser Soze »

Was it picked up on Faithful TV?

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Surely to God the referee or some official would have seen such an altercation????...if they did and done nothing, not sure who the referee was in this game, butwe its ok to say "Brian Gavin let alot of things go in matches (particularly Kilkenny games) but that isnt alway right, and surely if this was seen action would have to be taken regardless of same team mates...I hope this didnt happen firstly, if it did, its not good for Coolderry or indeed Offaly and certainly not good for officials involved...but like the incident last year, with high powered people on county board, it was swept under the carpet...I asked one man from the club in very vague terms about the aftermath of the issue he firstly tried to tell me nothing happened at all, even though my own first cousin was standing behind the incident, and secondly wouldnt comment at all on the matter, I didnt mind him not commenting on the outcome, but denying the matter even happened..circle the wagons mentality..

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Fairplayalways you have asked 3 different times did it happen? You have been told it did happen. Not sure why you dont belive it.

It happened and was not seen by the referee as the ball was down the other end of the field.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

settle down, such is my disbelief, that something like that happened and NOT ONE official seen it..it did happen I have found out and I know why it happened (doesnt justify it but I know why it happened now)

Its a mess for Coolderry, wont be another word about it probably..

Keyser Soze
Intermediate

Post by Keyser Soze »

I don’t think he was denying it happened? I think it’s clear that he 1) just couldn’t believe it
2) Was hoping it didn’t happen!

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

thanks...shocking thing to happen..lift up the carpet there:)

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Fairplayalways wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm thanks...shocking thing to happen..lift up the carpet there:)
Joe Troy mentioned the incident on Midlands 103 Sport, on Sunday evening.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

what ye think of semi finals how will the pan out, I gave my tuppence above...

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Fairplayalways wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:01 pm what ye think of semi finals how will the pan out, I gave my tuppence above...
I think that KK will be champions, beating St. Rynagh's in the final. The B final will be contested by Kinnitty and Drumcullen, maybe Drumcullen will upset the odds.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

SearingDrive wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:21 pm The B final will be contested by Kinnitty and Drumcullen, maybe Drumcullen will upset the odds.
I'm Hoping, but a good win for Drumcullen at the Weekend.

The Brian Carroll thing.
Watched the game and it was said that he look unhappy going off.
Wasn't picked up on the camera.
But i have to say that i was watching Coolderry Birr on the TV.
Ballyhale on the laptop
And Liverpool on the ipad.
and Twitter on the Phone for updates from other games.
My wife was working wouldn't get away with that otherwise.

Can i asked did anyone see it 1st hand??.

From look at Twitter.
Kilcormac Clareen look like a great game.
Belmont Ballinamere was fair tight. Ballinamere will feel they have showing they can stand in with anyone in the county.
Ryanghs will be happy to get a win with 14 men. Shinrone will have felt they left this game behind.
Birr Coolderry. was over just after half time. Birr just keep move the Ball - Didn't go into contact unless they had too and created huge space and delivered the ball into it.
“Common sense is not so common.”