Sigerson/Fitzgibbon 2020

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Sigerson/Fitzgibbon 2020

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 pm How did Cian get on tonight I see they won?
0-04, 3 frees, 1 mark.
Jack Walsh hit a point.
Good Luck

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

0.4 points for him tonight and 0.1 for Jack Walsh. That makes it 1.17 in 3 matches for Farrell. Unbelievable scoring.

4 Offaly plyers will be represented between the Sigerson finalists which is fantastic to see.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

NewEra wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 pm 0.4 points for him tonight and 0.1 for Jack Walsh. That makes it 1.17 in 3 matches for Farrell. Unbelievable scoring.

4 Offaly plyers will be represented between the Sigerson finalists which is fantastic to see.
Farrell, Walsh, Tierney and ??
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Lone Shark wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:32 pm
NewEra wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 pm 0.4 points for him tonight and 0.1 for Jack Walsh. That makes it 1.17 in 3 matches for Farrell. Unbelievable scoring.

Farrell, Walsh, Tierney and ??
There’s a Gavin Smyth from Gracefield listed among the IT Carlow panel.
Good Luck

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Last Offaly man to win a Sigerson medal? Panda Allen with DIT a few years ago?
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Tmacmahon
All Star

Post by Tmacmahon »

Its great to see Offaly men shining at this level

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

For the first time in thee guts of 10-15 years we seem to have massive representation across university teams this year judging from social media the last few weeks during league campaigns. Backed up by the super initiative the CB have recently introduced for un. bursaries for scholarships - a great turn of events compared to recent years where every other county seemed to be represented apart from us.

Of the top of my head I have seen the following (not extensive and am sure there are more that people can add):
Maynooth: One of the Egans from Tullamore and am sure I saw Shannonbridge and Ballycumber player from recent U20 panel mentioned on panels also
NUIG: David Dempsey, Ciaran Farrell
DCU: Jack Bryant, Bill Carroll, Shane Tierney
UL: Chillie Donnelly
UCD: Cathal Mangan

The Magpie
All Star

Post by The Magpie »

I'm pretty sure Keith O'Neill from Clonbullogue is in Maynooth?
The Dog chases the Car....the Car stops....the Dog can't Drive!

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

NewEra wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:56 pm For the first time in thee guts of 10-15 years we seem to have massive representation across university teams this year judging from social media the last few weeks during league campaigns. Backed up by the super initiative the CB have recently introduced for un. bursaries for scholarships - a great turn of events compared to recent years where every other county seemed to be represented apart from us.

Of the top of my head I have seen the following (not extensive and am sure there are more that people can add):
Maynooth: One of the Egans from Tullamore and am sure I saw Shannonbridge and Ballycumber player from recent U20 panel mentioned on panels also
NUIG: David Dempsey, Ciaran Farrell
DCU: Jack Bryant, Bill Carroll, Shane Tierney
UL: Chillie Donnelly
UCD: Cathal Mangan
Are the panels listed anywhere to see?
Doon exile....

BiffoInThurso
Intermediate
Club: St Rynaghs

Post by BiffoInThurso »

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Serious Offaly representation last night in Sigerson competition. Great to see! DCU ran out comfortable winners against Maynooth with 3 Offaly starters all doing well - Jack Bryant, Bill Carroll and Shane Tierney (surely worth a call back into senior set up). Maynooth themselves had 3 Offaly starters with Kieran Dolan, Keith Murphy, Jack Darcy and 4 more named on the bench - Diarmuid Egan, Jack Quinn, Ciaran Burns, Aaron Brazil.

Tmacmahon
All Star

Post by Tmacmahon »

Great to see so many from Offaly playing in these competitions

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

NewEra wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:25 am Serious Offaly representation last night in Sigerson competition. Great to see! DCU ran out comfortable winners against Maynooth with 3 Offaly starters all doing well - Jack Bryant, Bill Carroll and Shane Tierney (surely worth a call back into senior set up). Maynooth themselves had 3 Offaly starters with Kieran Dolan, Keith Murphy, Jack Darcy and 4 more named on the bench - Diarmuid Egan, Jack Quinn, Ciaran Burns, Aaron Brazil.
Any lad from Offaly that makes a DCU team is well good enough to play senior for Offaly. Tierney was the pick of the Offaly forwards when they made an U21 final a few years ago and if I am not correct, I think he made the u21 team of the year after scoring 3 points from play off Eoin Murchan in the final. Always thought he offered something when he played or came in for seniors a few years ago. Not sure what his relationship with Maughan is like and if they left on bad terms, it may be hard to see him coming in under current regime. He is certainly a lot better than plenty of lads in the panel at the moment.
jimbob

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Agree regards Tierney and a few others around the 23/24 mark. I must look up the last few U20 panels to see any that may have fallen through the cracks.

But lot of positivity around at the moment with Clonbullogue (well done to them!!) winning, (2 or 3 OY 2022 U20 candidates there), and Clara competing well yesterday, plus the number of lads competing on college teams, there is great potential.

Add in Coloiste Choilm reaching the semi final of the A yesterday with a good win and things are progressing.

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

NewEra wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:25 am Serious Offaly representation last night in Sigerson competition. Great to see! DCU ran out comfortable winners against Maynooth with 3 Offaly starters all doing well - Jack Bryant, Bill Carroll and Shane Tierney (surely worth a call back into senior set up). Maynooth themselves had 3 Offaly starters with Kieran Dolan, Keith Murphy, Jack Darcy and 4 more named on the bench - Diarmuid Egan, Jack Quinn, Ciaran Burns, Aaron Brazil.
New Era======== the Jack Quinn with Maynooth is not Offaly = He is son of Kildare 1998 fullback Ronan Quinn and is Leixlip Club===

It is great to see so many Offaly lads in Sigerson action as it is to see the County doing nicely======