Sigerson/Fitzgibbon 2020

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Doon Exile
All Star

Re: Sigerson/Fitzgibbon 2020

Post by Doon Exile »

Where is the site to meaningful reports of these games. 3 Offaly lads on DCU team yesterday and I can’t find any match report anywhere?
Doon exile....

TerraceTalk
Intermediate

Post by TerraceTalk »

The 42 is great for Sigerson/Fitzgibbon reports

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Semi FInals of Sigerson being played tonight. Free live streams of matches available online.

4 Offaly lads should feature in DCU v UL - Bill Carroll down to start with Jack Bryant and Shane Tierney on the bench. Chilli Donnelly could feature also for UL. Will be interesting to see how a certain David Clifford plays also!

Tralee IT play NUIG in the other semi where Rory Egan should feature also.

Best of luck to all involved!

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Great to see so many Ofaly lads involved. 6 at least got game time I think. Bill Carroll, Shane Tierney and Jack Bryant for DCU and I think Chilli Donnelly played for UL. In other game, both Rory Egan and Cathal O Donoghue both featured I think.

I watched the DCU v UL game live. Bill Carroll had decent first half. Didnt see much of him in second half. Jack Bryant came on with maybe 15 mins to go but barely got hands on ball and got pushed around when he did. He is young and has lots of time left at this level. However, from Offaly perspective, Shane Tierney was a real shining light for DCU. While he did not start, he was in after about 15 or 20 minutes and had 2 points to his name before half time. In the second half he was probably DCU's best forward scoring again from play and having at least one assist and was commended a couple of times by neutral commentators. He was also given the frees which says a lot about how he is viewed by DCU and Paddy Christie. Beyond that, he was central to most of what was good about DCU.

Rarely in Offaly in last 20 years have we had a forward shining at that level. I don't know what went on between John Maughan and him previously but in the best interests of Offaly, Tierney should be brought back into the fold for the senior team. I am not saying he should be starting but he should be allowed the opportunity to fight for his place. He is most definitely good enough based on tonight's display. He was way more influential than Jack Bryant tonight, a lad who is supposed to be the future of Offaly football. Offaly can't afford to be without lads like that and in on this form, we could do with that bit of spark given our abject performances from our forwards in the league so far this year.
jimbob