Maughan & O' Malley / Dunne & Maher

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: Maughan & O' Malley / Dunne & Maher

Post by ryot »

So not one person can say that either Nigel of Joe has the interest or commitment...……

Subject closes IMO...

Tmacmahon
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Tmacmahon »

I would tend to agree with that however I genuinely don’t know if it’s a case that either of them would not commit. If that’s the case leave them be. But if they were willing to commit I would most definitely start mediation proceedings.

On the Niall Mcnamee pulling Offaly of the fire, I will admit when I went back over it , I was surprised how little concrete evidence there was for my claims. He has had undoubted moments of class. Overall I could name a few league games, so maybe perception is not reality

GAHMAD
County player
Club: Over 50's club

Post by GAHMAD »

Good man T Mc
Going to be fun with you on board!
Mediation me hole....

Tmacmahon
All Star

Post by Tmacmahon »

Just my opinion. I appreciate your sarcasm though. Thank You.

Tmacmahon
All Star

Post by Tmacmahon »

Joe maher released a statement today re reasons he is not with Offaly.

GAHMAD
County player
Club: Over 50's club

Post by GAHMAD »

Fantastic

Tmacmahon
All Star

Post by Tmacmahon »

JOE IS BACK ? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Won't be much of an addition.

Might make match day 26, might not.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

great to see him back, assuming he has carrried form into the set up, its so long ago (supposedly) since a ball was kicked its hard to get excited by this news..coming back to what?..no one knows when a ball is going to be kicked, and while I appreciate the situation, I thinks its shocking that club underage training is so curtailed, if this new strain is here and its so prevalent, come out and say it (Government etc.) and then we understand..George Lee referencing it in his evening news summary and a health minister speaking that slow, that the clocks will have to pause until he catches up.. underage training was well run during last lockdown and kids got some social outlet in a well controlled enviroment...this is shocking stuff altogether (curent lockdown), especially for children living outside towns etc. they see no one at all if following current guidelines....gone off topic I know...but all relevant to return to train and play...hopefully Joe wil offer Offaly a few more options...

Sur lookit
Senior

Post by Sur lookit »

Fair play, too many points to mention in the last post....but at least you had the good sense to admit that you went off topic.

Is there a list of the football panel?
Personally glad to see Joe commit if John Maughan wants him, then that's all that matters really. I would be more concerned about the lack of integration of younger players with regard to game time over last couple of years.

But as I say, if mgt want Joe and he wishes to commit, then happy days!

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

not sure if theres "a list" as you put it, but I am sure there is a panel in place, probably open ended with the times we are in and maybe thats a good thing..integrating young players has to happen, we cant be going to the same well the whole time, and for what? we dont get promotion or anything so no harm in blooding a few properly and give a decent push for promotion this year...a balancing act I know, but will have to done....

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Fairplayalways wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:02 pm great to see him back, assuming he has carrried form into the set up, its so long ago (supposedly) since a ball was kicked its hard to get excited by this news..coming back to what?..no one knows when a ball is going to be kicked, and while I appreciate the situation, I thinks its shocking that club underage training is so curtailed, if this new strain is here and its so prevalent, come out and say it (Government etc.) and then we understand..George Lee referencing it in his evening news summary and a health minister speaking that slow, that the clocks will have to pause until he catches up.. underage training was well run during last lockdown and kids got some social outlet in a well controlled enviroment...this is shocking stuff altogether (curent lockdown), especially for children living outside towns etc. they see no one at all if following current guidelines....gone off topic I know...but all relevant to return to train and play...hopefully Joe wil offer Offaly a few more options...
If he’s on song, good for Offaly. Could George Lee self isolate for a while, and get away from doom and gloom.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

unfortunately its real and I suppose the way its affecting everyone its never far off topic, and we hope now it will get better as the year ticks on.. I suppose there is no chance of Nigel Dunne returning...isnt it a pity too...

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Sur lookit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:42 pm Fair play, too many points to mention in the last post....but at least you had the good sense to admit that you went off topic.

Is there a list of the football panel?
Personally glad to see Joe commit if John Maughan wants him, then that's all that matters really. I would be more concerned about the lack of integration of younger players with regard to game time over last couple of years.

But as I say, if mgt want Joe and he wishes to commit, then happy days!
I wouldnt be concerned in slightest over integration of young players. In fairness to Maughan, he has used youth and has blooded likes of Paddy Dunican, Ruairi McNamee, Jordan Hayes, David Dempsey Cathal Mangan into team as regulars (all of whom are still only 23ish or so. Behind them, the likes of Shane Tierney Cian Farrell (20), Colm Doyle and James Lalor, Rory Egan (19), Cian Johnson and Aaron Leavy have seen championship action. Behind these lads again are likes of Jack Bryant and Cathal Donoghue who are still only 19 or so and have been in training with the team for last year or so - possibly Cullinan and Rohan have been in as sub goalies also over this time. That is a total of at least 14 young players and I am probably leaving out one or two more here...... I think that the opposite is actually the case and this experience will stand to Offaly in coming years as they look to get out of Div 3.
jimbob

Tmacmahon
All Star

Post by Tmacmahon »

It doesn't really matter what age of player maughan picks once they are good enough ,