Maughan & O' Malley / Dunne & Maher

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
bracknaghboy
All Star

Re: Maughan & O' Malley / Dunne & Maher

Post by bracknaghboy »

SearingDrive wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:22 pm I can see an increase in mental health issues post lockdown.
It is and will be a very serious issue SearingDrive you are absolutely correct.
We've heard non-stop for the last 10 years how important it is recognise signs in people who may be struggling and for people to not be afraid and speak up if they are. Well you can barely get a GP's appointment these days and anyone struggling might think they would be wasting a doctors time with the pandemic ongoing. I know that the dressing room and matches are a huge part of peoples lives and now they may not have anyone keeping an eye on them.

What I can't understand in all of this is how it seems that nothing matters in this country except the deaths "with," "of" or "from" covid.
These are regrettable yes but the lockdowns are arguably creating a far worse state of affairs. What is it now......a million waiting on outpatient appointments? God help anyone suffering out there from non-covid related illness because you are being treated as if you don't matter.
This is all arguable yes, but in the country discussing, arguing and debating are all frowned upon now.

These are dark times and are only looking like they will get worse. God help us.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

very well said and 100% correct, I would go as far as to say the company even travelling to matches and the chats youngters and adults have are all very much part of normal life and we all hear the odd little bit that might be bothering someone on those drives or when the lads take a break from training and are in their own little pods etc...all so so important in them communicating with each other...personally at this stage something has to give. we (our Government) didnt close ports and airports, now UK strain in in and rampant...was talking to a woman who was tested as a close contact 2 weeks ago, and tested positive, only her and teenage daughter in the house, she tested negative. the mother had absolutely no symptoms at all, she works in health sector and 2 others picked it up and all were tested with above results. Although a health worker, she is adamant now that many many more have this virus, like her, without even knowing it, thousands she reckons have it..she thinks our restrictions are gone over board now, the majority of us will have no symptoms or very little effects, its really up to those who are vulnerable now to mind themselves or be minded depending on their personal circumstances, but the whole country cannot be held hostage too much longer..the Government will get one more lockdown of 6 weeks after the 5th April, after that, if the vaccine is not up and running people will give up and they will loose the peoples co-operation, and who can blame the people at this stage...our Meat plants in Offaly are apparently keeping us at the top of the pile, for the last month, and not a single word out of NPHET or anyone in their updates about what exactly is the cause for Offaly being so high, if we knew officiallly it was the community yes, we would all refocus and try harder, but not knowing whats going on, sorry, I have enough at this stage and dont blame anyone who genuinely feels like pulling the plug on restrictions over the next few months...we cant stay like this for ever..

Sur lookit
Senior

Post by Sur lookit »

Everyone in the county knows whats driving our numbers up, but you can't call them out.
Its them that do the "calling out"!

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I hear what your saying, yet other counties with possibly larger groups of these people are not next or near Offalys figures?..Leitrim or Sligo or Mayo havent had massive outbreaks since the funeral 2 weeks ago...something not right in Offaly and its being tip toed around from what I see..yet the creche in Tullamore then oh no problem HSE and RTE coming on air to discuss that and protocols this that and the other, as if that was the source of all Offalys woes in last month...something rotten going on with factories or something..