Byrne v Duignan

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Next County Board Chairman?

Tommy Byrne
54%
Michael Duignan
46%

Total votes: 41

jimbob17
All Star

Re: Byrne v Duignan

Post by jimbob17 »

Great to see that kind of expertise and experience being harnessed. The finance committee certainly looks like it is a huge improvement on what has gone on before.....
jimbob

Real Cannon
Junior C

Post by Real Cannon »

Great to see the recently retired managing director of Deloitte as chairperson of our finance sub committee.
Deloitte have great experience as the auditors of such organisions as tha FAI.
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.indepen ... 54707.html
Ulsterbank during the crash
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishti ... 3fmode=amp

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.indepen ... 22341.html

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishex ... 34865.html
Great to see such experience involved in our county boards subcommittee

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

jimbob17 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:33 am Great to see that kind of expertise and experience being harnessed. The finance committee certainly looks like it is a huge improvement on what has gone on before.....

I can see the Management Committee on the Official Offaly GAA website but not the sub-committees. Where did "jimbo" find them ??

KeshaWantsTimber
Intermediate

Post by KeshaWantsTimber »

How is the new regime bedding in? Everyone happy with their vote for change?

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Michael Duignan was on 2nd Captains last Monday saying that he’s learning as he goes as there was no handover from the previous Chairman.
He seemed to imply that their trying to get more funding from Croke Park to try and fund some of the initiatives that they have as he is looking to implement a similar underage hurling program similar to what Wexford put in place a few years ago!!
The Untouchable

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

The county board released a short video on underage fixtures. Showed how many games each age group will have etc. Looked good. But buy in from clubs will be required and getting matches played rather than looking to have matches put off will be a bug factor.

KeshaWantsTimber
Intermediate

Post by KeshaWantsTimber »

Wexfords Hurling365 looks superb but there seems to be serious money behind it. I predict they will be a serious force for next 10-15 years tho.

oneshot
County player

Post by oneshot »

KeshaWantsTimber wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:20 pm Wexfords Hurling365 looks superb but there seems to be serious money behind it. I predict they will be a serious force for next 10-15 years tho.

agree great work been done down in wexford . but they are abit like DUblin in the underage won their first minor lenister since 1985 last year. they won 3 lenister under 21s in a row a few years back but have yet to win an all ireland at underage in minor or under 20, . over the years.

they will be up their for the future they left the all ireland behind them last year in my opinion again tipp.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

I could be wrong lads but I thought last December that Michael Duignan was elected as chairman of Offaly GAA.
You can't open a paper, switch on the TV or radio lately without him commenting on or being interviewed about all things relating to the national GAA scene. I see his auld buddy Donal Og taking swipes at him again now as well.
Did he give up the Offaly gig already does anyone know?
If so who is running Offaly GAA now?

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Harsh there BB.

Very comprehensive championship structure/fixture plan released lately. Can't have been easy do all things considered. You know with that bad cold going around the last few months!!

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Give the man a chance. He will have a good effect on Offaly GAA.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

frankthetank wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:20 am Harsh there BB.

Very comprehensive championship structure/fixture plan released lately. Can't have been easy do all things considered. You know with that bad cold going around the last few months!!
laying down foundations for a crack at the President's role down the road?

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Hyper wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:50 pm
frankthetank wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:20 am Harsh there BB.

laying down foundations for a crack at the President's role down the road?
And if he is, then best of luck to him. Let’s judge him on his performance in Offaly chair at the end of his term and not 6 months in of which covid has thrown it all upside down.
Doon exile....

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

If he has Donal Óg Cusack annoyed enough to be throwing swipes, then Michael must be doing something right. It's always good to be annoying those Cork Rebels. I'm taking it as a good sign that Michael is prepared to speak up on behalf of the Clubs too.
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I'm sure Duignan can walk and chew gum at the same time. A few quotes here and there hardy mean he isn't focussing on his chairman role.