The all Ireland hurling final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
leinsterman
All Star

Re: The all Ireland hurling final

Post by leinsterman »

tipptopper25 wrote:Well lads. Was over in birr for the weekend. Talking to a good few people about the kk game. I was surprised
and delighted by the amount of people who told me that they will be supportig tipp. I even
spotted a couple of tipp flags. Good to know our neighbours will be cheering us on. Thanks to all for their good wishes.
i think you must have been drunk are you sure it wasn't roscrea you were in as a Birr man my self i wouldn't have any great love
of kilkenny even doe i live in it at the moment. i have kilkenny any day of the week than tipp, we all know what they think of offaly hurling
hope it stays in leinster, as the tipp crowd would say munster the home of hurling my arse.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

There are Tipp exiles living in Birr and South Offaly. There are Offaly people who would support Tipperary as their 2nd team, for a diverse array of reasons.
There are people who would like to see Kilkenny dethroned, just as there are people who would like to see them make history.

The whole county doesn't think as one and act in unison.

tipptopper25
Junior A

Post by tipptopper25 »

leinsterman wrote:
tipptopper25 wrote:Well lads. Was over in birr for the weekend. Talking to a good few people about the kk game. I was surprised
and delighted by the amount of people who told me that they will be supportig tipp. I even
spotted a couple of tipp flags. Good to know our neighbours will be cheering us on. Thanks to all for their good wishes.
i think you must have been drunk are you sure it wasn't roscrea you were in as a Birr man my self i wouldn't have any great love
of kilkenny even doe i live in it at the moment. i have kilkenny any day of the week than tipp, we all know what they think of offaly hurling
hope it stays in leinster, as the tipp crowd would say munster the home of hurling my arse.
well leinsterman. No was in birr working for a few days. Was talking about match to lads from birr, shinrone and banagher. All staunch Offaly men who are very proud. They were just telling me how sick they are of the cats and would love nothing more than Tipperary to win the all Ireland. They were also keen to point out that next year there will be only one team for them, Offaly. They have a good feeling about next year and I hope yee do well. But for this Sunday (one day only) they will be roaring on tipp. I had good crack with them and enjoyed the few
pints in wheelhans. Bar man there said that they will have a tipp flag flying this sun. Thanks lads.

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

tipptopper25 wrote:
leinsterman wrote:
well leinsterman. No was in birr working for a few days. Was talking about match to lads from birr, shinrone and banagher. All staunch Offaly men who are very proud. They were just telling me how sick they are of the cats and would love nothing more than Tipperary to win the all Ireland. They were also keen to point out that next year there will be only one team for them, Offaly. They have a good feeling about next year and I hope yee do well. But for this Sunday (one day only) they will be roaring on tipp. I had good crack with them and enjoyed the few
pints in wheelhans. Bar man there said that they will have a tipp flag flying this sun. Thanks lads.
well as a offalyman i would fly no tipp flag

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Actually Tipp. won in 2001. Along with Cork and Kilkenny they are regarded as the 'big 3'. Their names crop up every year when Liam Mc Carthy is looking for a home. Offaly, Galway, Clare, Waterford, and Limerick lost All Irelands in the 'noughties'. Ithink though, that Kilkenny will win on Sunday.
I live in hope that new team comes to the fore in 2011, Any thoughts on who that might be?

My Left Foot
Senior

Post by My Left Foot »

have to say i'll be cheering for the ref to find some way to abandon the match and throw both teams out of the championship !!

but seeing as someone has to win I hope its Kilkenny by 20+ points :twisted:

keep it in leinster and have ALL counties know what it feels like to be on the receiving end from possibly the greatest huling 15 ever as a unit.

The highlight of the day will be the 1985 team giving us all a wave at halftime

Uibh Fhaile Uibh Fhaile etc !!

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

tipptopper25 wrote:
leinsterman wrote:
bar man said there will be a tipp flag flying from whelehans on monday i don't think so never seen one their before
won't see one this monday either i think they are pulling the pi.. with you tipptopper25

Daingean Exile
Junior A

Post by Daingean Exile »

As Bill Shankly once said about two rival teams who were playing each other - "I hope they both lose" :) . As a neutral, 5 in a row in both hurling and football is the holy grail that has never been achieved and I reckon this Kilkenny team would be worthy of breaking that mould. Maybe if Tipp are close near the end, the weight of history will prevent a Kilkenny win just like Kerry were stopped by Offaly in '82. Still I think Kilkenny will win.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

sick and tired of kk and their sh!te re shefflins knee and all that training boll1x. tipp are coming in under the radar tanx to cody, thye have a fine young team and they are one county who dont give a sh1t about the black and amber. galway and cork behaved like cowards when they met them tipp wont. tipp dont care who line out against them, shefflin or tennyson or whoever, theyll give it one almighty go. this is one offalyman wholl be roaring for our neighbours on sunday.
esp when i see crap like this 'keep it in leinster and have ALL counties know what it feels like to be on the receiving end from possibly the greatest huling 15 ever as a unit' - what the fuk does leinster have to do with it? do cork give a damn about tipp being a munster team on sunday. well never beat kk if we dont the tongue out of their holes

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

turk wrote:
SearingDrive wrote:For neutrals, it's a case of more of the same, as both counties have dominated hurling. Won't lose any sleep over either county.
For 2011 let's hope a new team challenges Kilkenny.
You can't really saw Tipp have dominated hurling, unless you are going back to before the 1970s
are tipp not the only county to have won AIs in EVERY decade of the gaa? dont know about dominated but its far better than most countys have done. in fact i dont think cork or kk have done that

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

cork have won all irelands in every decade their first win was 1890

kilkenny first final was 1893 win 1904

cork and kilkenny have won all irelands 1900, 20s 30s 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s 2000s

tipp went 17 years with out winning one 72 to 89 a decade is ten years isn't it .

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

leinsterman wrote:cork have won all irelands in every decade their first win was 1890

cork and kilkenny have won all irelands 1900, 20s 30s 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s 2000s

tipp went 17 years with out winning one 72 to 89 a decade is ten years isn't it .
in 'every decade of the gaa' - cant you read? they won in 71 - thats the 70s and in 89 - thats the 80s.

whats so difficult about that? theyre the only ones to do that as far as I know

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:
leinsterman wrote:cork have won all irelands in every decade their first win was 1890

in 'every decade of the gaa' - cant you read? they won in 71 - thats the 70s and in 89 - thats the 80s.

whats so difficult about that? theyre the only ones to do that as far as I know
can you not read cork done it the first final was in 1887 cork won 1890 and 1892, 1894, 1902 and so on. :roll:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

1890-99 is the 2nd decade of the gaa. were you not paying attention around the time of the millenium?

Or maybe ya missed yr pals in kk claiming the first AI of the new millenium in 2000 after bateing our lads?

lunch break is over- back to class with you

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:1890-99 is the 2nd decade of the gaa. were you not paying attention around the time of the millenium?

Or maybe ya missed yr pals in kk claiming the first AI of the new millenium in 2000 after bateing our lads?

lunch break is over- back to class with you
cork have still done the same you plank, you should go back to the your tipp pal's . your going on about tipp and they wouldn't give ya drink of water
tell me why we should shout for tipp because you are. they hate offaly with a passion always did and always will they only thing you will hear a tipp man
saying is ye never bet tipp, we had babs this year saying after the antrim and offaly match that offaly are only fit for the christy ring cup.

as a birr man going back down the years like when we won our first all ireland i remember our neighbours as you call them a sure you only win
an all ireland when you beat kilkenny in one not galway. also do you remember a certain offaly hurlers house a few years what was wrote on it.

your entitle to shout for tipp or who ever you want, but you should see its time you took your tongue out off tipps arse or we will never beat them.
as a offalyman and a leinster man i will be shouting for kilkenny on sunday as will most of munster will be cheering on tipp.

a friend of mind watched the replay of clare and offaly back in 1998 in a pub in nenagh and do you know something he thought he was in Ennis
their was that many tipp locals shouting for clare against us, thats after clare beating them in 1997 final that will tell you what they think of offaly
anyway with a bit of luck they won't have to much to shout about come sunday.